Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share this with everyone on MF....this is a build we are currently finishing after our customer spun a bearing a few months ago with his N/A setup that included these same heads, cams, FRPP Intake Manifold & TB, which made 370+RWHP on our Mustang Dyno. I just wanted to post here about the build and the first starup video. We have a couple small things to take care of before it hits the dyno:

298CID Whipple 3V Mustang GT, Torq Custom Cams, Torq CNC Heads - First Startup Video

Torq Performance Engines Custom 298ci 3V Engine:
9.3:1 Compression
New Aluminum Production Block
Forged Steel Stroker Crankshaft
Mahle Forged Pistons
Mahle Rings, Locks, and Wrist Pins
Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings
ARP Main Studs
FRPP High Volume Oil Pump & Pickup
Canton Road Race & Track Deep Sump Pan w/ Baffles
Brand New Hardened Sprockets & Gears
Brand New Timing Chains, Tensioners & Guides
ARP Head Studs
Ford MLS Head Gaskets
3V Adjustable Cam Gears
Stage 2 CNC Ported Heads (carried over from his N/A build to keep costs down)
Stage 2 N/A Cams (carried over from his N/A build to keep costs down)
Whipple 2.3L Supercharger with Whipple Dedicated 10-Rib Pulley System IAT sensor relocation
FRPP Throttle Body
Kooks LT Headers w/ Catted H
Magnapack Catback
Afco Dual Pass HX w/ SPAL Fans
Injector Dynamics ID725's
FRPP GT500 Dual Fuel Pump System

Almost everything has been replaced with brand new OEM or Aftermarket Performance Components.....the ONLY component being carried over from his old motor is the water pump.

Blower on! This motor is going to be awesome!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
looks and sounds great! cant wait to see the numbers? have you guys thought about re-routing that fuel line to go under the blower in the back??

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I know you have probably heard this and have seen the threads. Be careful with Kooks Cats as they dont seem to hold up well to boost and heat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you have probably heard this and have seen the threads. Be careful with Kooks Cats as they dont seem to hold up well to boost and heat.
Thanks for the heads up.....It is actually not related to their cats. The cats that can withstand serious boost, fuel enrichment and temperatures are few and far between but I have only had a couple failures in my many years doing this

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breaking in the engine and clutch now....hoping for 620-650rwhp on the mustang dyno around 17psi. These heads and cams in the same car made 365rwhp all motor with FRPP intake and TB. Typically the 9psi kit add's about 200rwhp on our MD with this blower kit at stock compression. We have increased the displacement and of course lowered the compression. If we add the 200rwhp, we will be at 565rwhp and on pump gas generally see 10-13rwhp per psig so that should put us somewhere at my initial guess of 650rwhp

·
Registered
323 Posts
How much of an advantage will the Whipple have over my Saleen blower for Hp output at the level you are building this motor? I have a 2006 gt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts