Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some great pictures of the installation, and a *must read* for anyone considering doing this.....

As always, pics are on my site at http://www.snkypete.com - there is a link on the top left, as well as a list of all the mods to the car under the '00 Mustang GT link.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nice, but Pete after spending the $$ you do on your car and the possiblities of much more HP and Tq, why not an Aeromotive Return Style Fuel System?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because the 03 cobra setup with a BAP can fully support my end goal and would be cheaper in the long run instead of doing a full conversion and resolved some short term fuel issues I was having with a Walbro.

Also the Aeromotive's *can* burn out with too much street usage if you don't get the voltage regulator.

It's also a matter of trying to keep it as simple as possible.....a year, year and a half ago I would have said return style no doubt - was actually part of my original build plans. Then the 03 cobra setup came out....now I've also heard of people changing the pumps in them to Lightning pumps for additional support.

I don't think the lines will be an issue with my setup and goals. I also don't think the rails are necessary......some will argue that by keeping more fuel in the rails the injectors won't go dry, but I think it would take a substantial injector and tune to make that happen I believe.

I thought they would be a nice touch, and help the asthetics of the motor - and at the same time would ensure that if there are rail issues, I could eliminate them from my environment....little did I know the absolute horror I would run into. I was tempted to post it a month ago, just so others didn't have to deal with the same horror. But I don't believe their sales are that brisk; I don't see them for sale on eBay anymore; and of course having fun with McFly is a necessity! :)

</rant>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts