Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remeber my threads about getting the KB on and the car idling at 3,000 rpms. Anyways I finnally got tired of messing with it and took it into a shop. I cant beleive I missed it but the plenuim that was on the KB was not the correct one to mate to the stock TB as I had requested when I ordered it. Anyways as some of you can guess the hole for the IAC valve is a big triangular shape and the one on the KB is just a little slash, so it was sucking in air before the tb through the two little holes and shooting it out at the underpart of the triangle into the KB. Well needless to say it made it idle high. So I was lucky enough that the shop had an Accufab TB. It was either put on an accufab or take off the blower and send it back to get the correct plenuim. The latter was not about to happen, so I went ahead and layed down the dough for the accufab.

Enough of my rambling, the throttle responce on this thing is scary now it is like a new car. I barley taped the gas and the rpms flew, it took a while to get used to. In 6th gear on the highway I would just touch boost a tiny bit and it seemed like it wanted to fly. This car scares me now! I have not got on it fully yet I have been w/o the car for about 3 weeks so I am trying to get the feel for it agian before I do anything to stupid.:shocked :shocked

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Well damn, I ordered mine with an accufabe which is in the box with the blower I sure hope they gave me the right blower to match the accufab :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Doug, thanks for all the help over the phone. I had no idea that they came with 2 diffrenet plenuim things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts