Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one ..

i was planning to get some extra power with my mods for now ..

i have 01 GT manual : my mod is : K&N CAI , PP TB and plenum , LT , x pipe , 3.73 gears and pulleys , clutch .. nothing more

now i can say it is the quickest 2v with bolts on in my area but i dont know what is the exact rwhp now but the thing that i know that i have beat a 2v with full bolt on ..

and now iam planning to increase my compression ratio to get some extra HP

i want to buy set of +3.00cc piston and i think the CR will be around 11:5
is good for my engine or is this too much ,, here we have 97 octane
they are Flat top, with two valve reliefs

and any body know how much i will gain with those pistons RWHP ?

and sorry guys for my bad English

·
Registered
669 Posts
You will gain roughly 8% more HP and TQ..........so on a stock engine......lets say 250 HP and 290 TQ.......you should gain 20 HP and TQ.......adding LT's, cams and a few more bolt on's.......only adds more power.........these modular engines love added CR........are you replacing the rods too? since you are at it...its the only way to go.....hook up a 100 shot and have fun all day!

"ED"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think iam more than 260 at the wheel now and if i were

umm so can i reach 300 RWHP with aluminum flywheels ? with a good dyno tune ?

yes and iam planning for some rods too .. and i think that i will go for 75 not 100 but not now ..

in the future may be ..

ummm with 11.5 CR will i have top end power ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
With a good dyno tune around 280-290 I would believe....with a few more bolt ons....like electric water pump, catback, aluminum D/S.....close to 300 could be possible....

"ED"

·
Registered
669 Posts
TFS Heads...... :p ........this should definately be the big mod for our cars now......for N/A and superchargers alike....!!! Especially since the 3V head is soo efficient.....can't wait to see what they can do....!!! As Far as ideas......get the car on a diet! This is the best way to go fast with the small block.....

"ED"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know about that but the thing is i cant hold some cash :p

will i dont know will 3cc pistons work with the TFS heads ?
and if they what will the compression be .. or is it the same if it is the same i think 380 rwhp is the way to go

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am running a -2.3CC dish piston and with the added clearence from the improved valve angle you can run a pretty healthy cam.......I can't wait to see the final results of these heads and how big we can go..........gonna be interesting....!!

"ED"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts