Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm collecting parts for my engine build coming up and today I got my Hooker LTs in. There's a 3" collector on them and I'm wondering if I should just carry the rest of the exhaust all the way out with the same diameter. When all is said and done we're hoping for 550+ rwhp but I don't know where the line is to go from 2 1/2 to 3. Haven't asked my tuner/builder (JMS) yet so any advice from experienced guys is appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
With as much air and fuel your dumping into that thing, it would only benefit you to have an exhaust that can push it all out. Go for the 3" all the way back. Wait, what am I doing replying here. He said EXPERIENCED. Oh well, just my .02

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda what I figured I should do. The problem I have is that I don't really want to run turndowns (I will if I have to) but my Magnaflow exhaust is already clanging around on my control arms and sway bar and it's only 2 1/2". I've been to a number of different shops to remedy the problem but no one seems to be able to fix it. Nothing like driving down the road in a car like I have and hearing "CLANG" when I go over a bump. Seems like they could just reinforce it with another bracket or two but maybe not. The first shop took a sledge hammer to the tailpipes right where they come into contact with the sway bar hoping that would solve it! Oh well, turn downs may be the best way to go. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts