Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I talked with D'agostino racing today and I'm seriously considering purchasing the 3" bassani catback with the 3" bassani accompanying X pipe. Currently, I have Bassani Mid-lengths, Bassani off-road X pipe, and mac 2.5". I miss my bassani and I want it back. Anyways, can I make the 3" system work with my Midlengths i currently have? or will i have to purchase a set of bigger headers with 3" collectors? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You would have someone to make the midpipe for you. I have the 3" bassani catback. Great fit and sounds awesome

·
Registered
758 Posts
Bassani

I have Bassani Mid-lengths on my 03 Cobra and just installed a 3" exhaust system on them. I used a 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter to fit the 2.5" collecter to the 3" exhaust pipe. I have a KB putting about 575RWHP @ 15psi.:tip:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I hade bass. mids, X, cat back on my 2.3 high boost set up and loved it. Sounded sweet and alittle raspy. But for 3.4 CRUSHER I need the Kooks 17/8x3 and kook 3'' X, and bass. 3'' cat. that i was told has a 2.5'' collector that has to be cut off and what a surprise.... be modified to 3'', after spending 700$. bullshit:mad2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Bassani Mid-lengths on my 03 Cobra and just installed a 3" exhaust system on them. I used a 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter to fit the 2.5" collecter to the 3" exhaust pipe. I have a KB putting about 575RWHP @ 15psi.:tip:
Awesome!! can you show me that adapter??

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you have a 2.5" collector there is no point to running 3" exhaust downstream of that. The 2.5" collector is already the choke point.

--Joe

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Maybe not for power, but if you're looking for sound, the 3" after the 2.5 collector will change the note for sure-

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I hade bass. mids, X, cat back on my 2.3 high boost set up and loved it. Sounded sweet and alittle raspy. But for 3.4 CRUSHER I need the Kooks 17/8x3 and kook 3'' X, and bass. 3'' cat. that i was told has a 2.5'' collector that has to be cut off and what a surprise.... be modified to 3'', after spending 700$. bullshit:mad2:
Yeah i'm having to do the samething to my exhaust. Waiting for the parts to come in

·
Registered
758 Posts
BUstang

The 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter is just a cone exhaust pipe with a 2.5" inlet and a 3" outlet. You should be able to get one at any exhaust shop etc !!! I got mine from Jeggs !!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter is just a cone exhaust pipe with a 2.5" inlet and a 3" outlet. You should be able to get one at any exhaust shop etc !!! I got mine from Jeggs !!
Hate to be burdensome.. but could you link me the one you bought? I just want to make sure I have the right thing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts