Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its done, took awhile. Many belts later its done. Had some problems the chip won't work, in any of the programmed modes.
Have the alternator pulley on the 8 lb. lower all Metco great pieces. The car pulls like there is no tomorrow. The injectors were a pita put in. But they work great. Thanks Alan for a great product:blob . Using the KB chip again, it works no pinging, or detination. So I'm happy for now gota find a tune though. :D

There is just so much potenial in the car , I know I need a Mas Air meter now, and brakes BIG BRAKES, its getting hard to stop this thing on the street. but boy is it fun. Still getting decent gas milage as long as my foot is out of the throttle.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:shocked :shocked :shocked

Awesome Matt........hope to see ya soon at Stanton.

--Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
32LBS.....OMFG Will it hold it for 1320'.....?:jawdrop

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Matt props to ya for sure! I am sure that thing is an animal. Since you have been there done that, u up to help a fellow Hoosier out. I have been to Fort Wayne many times, I am thinking seriously about a KB and would be glad to help you out and compensate you for you time! Later! Trey :cool:

·
Registered
481 Posts
That is insane... you have to update the sig now to 32psi...

I wish i had the money or the balls to go with the KB and 32psi...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haveight,

How did you solve your chip problems? Were you having the hesitation/BAP/injector troubles? What size belt are you using?

Grover

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Considering headers yet? It would help drop that boost level down some.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trey PM if you would like any kind of help I would be happy to help you with what ever it is you need help with or would like help with. Hoosiers have to stick together! or just respond jere trey, where are you in IN?

Chip problems aren't solved the daiblo isn't working at all now!!!
AAARRGGH, I put the KB chip back in and it does fine not anywhere what I'm sure the car is capable of but no hestiation or more importantly pinging. I am running 94 octane gas with a gallon or two of 113 every four tank fulls. works great, time to get rid of the cats, and go longtubes I guess. But first I need to find a good tune for the car I am going to send the chip back and give them another stab at it. I was tlking to a local machine shop about making some cog pulleys to take care of this belt problem I'm having, or anyone know a place that will give me a bulk discount on 80 inch belts. say maybee ten to twenty at a time.
I need to get a MAF for the injectors and some other goodies, looking into a stand alone fuel management system. I am still getting close to 300 miles a tank full of gas which I think isn't shabby. This car is so much fun! I didn't get to say this earlier, but to Harry I wish you the best in all the decisions that you make, Godspeed. I should have my new suspension soon as well to start launching the car hard on. I still need bigger brakes or calipers I was thinking the four or six piston calipers should do the trick nicely any input on that is greatly appericated

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the Cobra R Brembo Front Kit,its a 4 piston caliper and has slotted rotors...works awesome and looks great...for theback I have Powerslot Rotors.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Wonder if Matt sprays a little oil! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
God damn. All through the stock exhaust manifolds. Maybe I should put a hold on the headers and go straight for the KB!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Matt I knew you would be up for it, I am in the Evansville area, keep tabs on your pm's and have a good 1, I will be intouch! Trey

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
03Steve said:
Wonder if Matt sprays a little oil! :D
I hope he stoped spraying NOS.

·
Registered
111 Posts
32 psi thru the STOCK IC:confused:

I remember an SVT engineer stating the motor was built to hold 12psi ALL DAY LONG... nowhere near 32!:shocked

·
Registered
758 Posts
WILWOOD BRAKES

I installed Wilwood 6 piston disc brakes on my 03 Cobra. I got them from Sumit Racing with the SS lines for $1327.90 + s/h.

AMB

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Re: WILWOOD BRAKES

AMB said:
I installed Wilwood 6 piston disc brakes on my 03 Cobra. I got them from Sumit Racing with the SS lines for $1327.90 + s/h.

AMB
Is that just for the front or all 4 corners?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts