Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I build up the rear end, I kind of want to stick w/ DRs and see how far I can go w/ them. I want a 28" tire w/ the 4:56s. Will the 325/50/15s physically fit w/o rubbing issues on our cars? Would pulling the quad shock help?

Darren

·
Registered
438 Posts
darren

I ran 325/50/15 drag radials on street and 28x10.5 MT ET drags at the strip. The car was a 98 Cobra. The drag radials are actually a little taller and slightly wider than the slicks.

I had to roll the fender lips and use a bfh on the inside of the wheel well to make them fit without rubbing. My car was lowered, however, so maybe yours will not be an issue.

Hope this helps,

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why a 28" tall tire with 4.56's?? Are you going to run a power adder?? If not you will be much better off with a 26" tall tires.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dorn! How hard is it to roll the fender lips? Can I do it or do I need to take it to a shop?
I like "BFH":D lol

slobra281 said:
Why a 28" tall tire with 4.56's?? Are you going to run a power adder?? If not you will be much better off with a 26" tall tires.
Eventually, I will have a 100 shot of n2o. N/A, the 28" tire will lower my trap speeds a little, but it will also lower my short times and ETs.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The 28" tall tire is the way to go with 4.56's. I would go to a body shop and have the fender lips rolled right. In the old daze, I saw some fellows use a ball bat, forcing between the tire and the fender. Sometimes results were not the best, albeit, functional!

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts