Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anything else is involved in swapping over to a pushrod motor? Are all sn95 bodies the exact same? (94-98) I know i need a 94/95 k member and computer with a harness but is there anything else that i would need? Any other major problems i would run into?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Your T-45 trans wont work.You'll need a T-5 tranny.Exhaust manifolds,cross over pipe&catback.

Just curious,but why go to a 5.0 instead of the headswap?The headswap would be ALOT cheaper and you woud make more power.

There is NOT more potential with a 5.0 over a 4.6..There are plenty of cobra's and 2valves cleaning 5.0's clocks daily.
Hell,buy a 4 valve motor..Stock with a few bolt ons will run all over a built N/A 5.0.

Tim

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I with Cobra Killer on that. I decided on getting a modular after I got outrun by two cobras (one of which was my brother)

I had a 95 GT with ported Edelbrock heads, ported Edelbrock intake, Wolverine cam, full lengths, bla blah. Stock 96 Cobra with gears and flowmasters pulled away from me in 3rd..... if ya can't beat up, join em!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plain on getting a DSS 331 stroker short block with AFR 185 heads. Havent picked out a cam yet, i want to stay NA. I would run a high compression motor with a shot of nitrous.
I knew about the tranny and all the other little stuff like headers and misc parts like that. My t45 is on its last leg right now so im stepping up to a 3550 so i wont have anymore problems for a while. I just wanted to know if there would be any major front end modifications that needed to happen, or if the frame and bodies from 94-98 are EXACTLY the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts