July 26,27th

Borla 03 Cobra Class
Heads up 03 Cobra racing
$3500 cash payout

Best part check out the rules
03 Cobras only
Must have Factory Transmission
Radial tires only, no slicks or drag radials
Must have Factory Blower (pulley upgrade ok)
Chips are allowed but no stand alone computers
Factory engines only. No aftermarket pistons, rods, head work.
Full length headers, off road pipes are allowed but exhaust must flow past the axle.
Competetive cars will be in the low 12's to mid 12's. You do not need a roll cage, or run 11's to be competetive and win.

We will be interviewing 03 cobra racers for the 2003 Highlight video. Our 2002 highlight video sold over 2100 copies. Plus we will be filming the entire qualifying/eliminations for our video.

Go to http://www.modularshootout.com for more details or email us at [email protected]

4v power adder class for more modified 03 cobras with aftermarket blowers running slicks and drag radials.

Car cruize Friday night at Hooters.

Billy Glidden versus the World's quickest Mod Motor racer John Mihovetz for a King of the Hill match race.

See you there!!!!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sounds like a good format for 03 Cobra's.
I think there will still be a few guys in the 11's ,It has been accomplished even in the hot weather..

G

·
This sounds great....all I have to do then is put my stock tires back on the rears. Nice that headers and any pulley/boost combo are allowed. Can we have nitrous on the car and just have it disconnected?

Hot Rod(all I have to really do ...is get my ass there!)Harry :D
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
15 Posts

Why is a drag radial not allowed ? Its a D.O.T. aprroved RADIAL tire. I can see no e.t. street and the such

G

·
s-trim said:

Why is a drag radial not allowed ? Its a D.O.T. aprroved RADIAL tire. I can see no e.t. street and the such
I hope thats the case...then I dont have to change my car at all.

Harry

·
Banned
572 Posts
Dave King said:
2003 Mod Motor Shootout
Columbus OH
National Trails Raceway
July 26,27th

Borla 03 Cobra Class
Heads up 03 Cobra racing
$3500 cash payout

Best part check out the rules
03 Cobras only

Go to http://www.modularshootout.com for more details or email us at [email protected]

4v power adder class for more modified 03 cobras with aftermarket blowers running slicks and drag radials.

See you there!!!!!
like it says!!
i think thats fair it's like street reacing the F-1'S HOOK UP

SEAN

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
s-trim said:

Perhaps the idea is to keep most above 11.99 ?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys please remember that the 1st priority was to promote 03 cobra's. To promote what the majority of the owners do to their cars. To do so you need a full car count. If you guys get a full car count you might get 2 classes next (if theres another race) and one of the race series (NMRA or FFW) might pick it up as a class.

With that in mind the only way your going to get a very large turnout of racers to participate was to address the roll bar rule. If we would have held the raec at an IHRA track I'd say fine drag radials would be allowed. Not many guys are willing to take a high $30k 03 Cobra and put a roll bar in it. If you exclude these cars from the class, turnout will suffer and the 03 Cobra class will have a hard time getting off the ground. Figure it this way. An 03 cobra with slicks or drag radials has the possibility of running in the 10's. That car would definetely be competetive in 4vpa. So it would still have a place to run. With the rules structured this way, everyone wins, and has a place not only to run, but run competetively.

Idea was exactly to try to keep these cars in the 12's. I will go out and say that in late July the air should be in the 3500-3800 feet above sea level range, and it will be almost impossible for a car to fit the rules and run 11's. If they do, great, but they better have a roll bar cause very possible the track safety tech will bounce them.

Yes NOS equiped cars have to have their bottles out and lines disconnected before running.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
my03svtcobra said:
what about verts?

sean
Sean, Unfortunately like Everywhere Else ,,,You will need a roll cage running 13.99 or less..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts