July 26,27th

Borla 03 Cobra Class
Heads up 03 Cobra racing
$3500 cash payout

Best part check out the rules
03 Cobras only
Must have Factory Transmission
Radial tires only, no slicks or drag radials
Must have Factory Blower (pulley upgrade ok)
Chips are allowed but no stand alone computers
Factory engines only. No aftermarket pistons, rods, head work.
Full length headers, off road pipes are allowed but exhaust must flow past the axle.
Competetive cars will be in the low 12's to mid 12's. You do not need a roll cage, or run 11's to be competetive and win.

We will be interviewing 03 cobra racers for the 2003 Highlight video. Our 2002 highlight video sold over 2100 copies. Plus we will be filming the entire qualifying/eliminations for our video.

Go to http://www.modularshootout.com for more details or email us at [email protected]

4v power adder class for more modified 03 cobras with aftermarket blowers running slicks and drag radials.

Car cruize Friday night at Hooters.

Billy Glidden versus the World's quickest Mod Motor racer John Mihovetz for a King of the Hill match race.

See you there!!!!!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SSled said:
Is any weight reduction acceptable if you stay 3400 or above?
You are allowed aftermarket Kmembers, fiberglass body panels, aftermarket seats, removal of the Air bags, front bumper support is allowed etc. I would prefer that the car not be gutted with no interior, and no rug/no heater or dash. etc. You are allowed however to get a rear seat delete kit, and may remove AC.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds good Dave.I will be driving an 03 at the Mod Shootout. As for weight reduction We have the jack and spare out and definately taking the seats out.Carpet will stay,Kmember and AC will remain. It will be fun and we will see if a Chevy guy can hang with you Mustang boys.
Any idea how many people are going to participate?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SSled said:
Sounds good Dave.I will be driving an 03 at the Mod Shootout. As for weight reduction We have the jack and spare out and definately taking the seats out.Carpet will stay,Kmember and AC will remain. It will be fun and we will see if a Chevy guy can hang with you Mustang boys.
Any idea how many people are going to participate?
We have a good number of people preregistered already. I'm hoping for close to full field class.

Dave

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I want to run in the modular shootout very bad...but I don't seem to fit in any category. where do the mid 11 cobra's go :blob

I guess I'll just watch

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stlblack03 said:
I want to run in the modular shootout very bad...but I don't seem to fit in any category. where do the mid 11 cobra's go :blob

I guess I'll just watch
By your signature you appear to fit very well. Do you not have a set of radial tires?

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
The rules on the website says no rear gear change :mad:

If that is not true...where do I sign up :blob

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stlblack03 said:
The rules on the website says no rear gear change :mad:

If that is not true...where do I sign up :blob
I think you are referring to this.

Transmissions
"Stock 6 Speed transmissions only. Input shafts may be treated or modified. Gear ratios may not be modified."

That means the gears inside the transmission may not be modified (aka Viper T-56 gear set).

You may use what ever rear end gear you want, you may even swap out the IRS for a solid 8.8 rear end.

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
yeah I just re-read it...thanks. I'll see you there :blob

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think your winner will run a lot lower than 12's.

You didn't say no LOWER pulleys. If the right people show up your winner will run low to mid 11's at least.

I ran 11.55 @121.47 on F-1's, with only bolt ons... with a 1.67 60'

Jayson

mods were only a 2.80 upper, CIA, full bassani exhaust, extra idler, and a tri-ax.... 24 psi, and 2500 rpm launch, slippping the clutch a little... track prep has everything to do with cutting those times.... not saying I cant drive, cuz I Can.... track prep is the key tho!
Times in my Sig. But could have run an 11.5 or lower with my 9.5 1000 ft time, but had been told if I broke another 11 I was going to be banned. 2.80 no lower and about 13 maybe 14 lbs of boost. However I know my 123 MPH will not hold up with those KB guys out there...........but because of so much power they may have to go to BFGs.

"LITTLE RED" 03 COBRA 11.70 @ 123.00 MPH (Street tires)
1.75 60ft 1/8 7.5 @ 95MPH (9.5 1000ft) "than hard on the brakes"
More info:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43435

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is going to be a blast.Are you guys ready to lose to a chevy guy?I wish the car I am racing was mine though... :(
Also is there going to be test and tune on friday at the track?Which pro tree is it? 400?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts