MACH 1 vs 2005 GT - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 First 12345678912 ... Last

Mach 1's are usually underestimated. My mach 1 weighs in at 3420 lbs. with me in it at the track, my gt weighs in at 3470 with me in it and at the track. So you subtract 50 pounds and add a but load of hp and a huge powerband, plus the bigger gears that come stock on the mach and you spell success. The 05 gts added more power but also added a bunch of weight. stock for stock the mach 1 should definetly win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Yeah... I got some.... Array chuckles's Avatar

Every 6lbs of weight you remove equates to 1hp gain if you did not remove the weight. So if the Mach 1 is 3420 and the GT is around 3750 with driver. That's a 330 lb weight difference/6lbs per hp = 55hp gain. So the 05 GT would need 55 more hp in stock trim to equal the Power/Weight ratio of the Mach 1. I drive an 05 GT and I can say they are a pig when it comes to weight. But I've corrected that a just a tad!!!

I just recently drove a Friend of mine's new 06 gt and honestly it feels pretty strong. My mach has a cai and cat back system on it so it is not stock.
    I would have to go with the Mach stock for stock, but not by a lot...

I still would take my Mach even if it were a tick slower though...Gotta love that shaker...

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array HotRodHarry's Avatar

We have them both and the Mach 1 is by far faster....out of the hole and top end....but dont get me wrong...the new GT's are awesome running cars that look incredible

I've run against a few Mach's at the track and they are simply faster in stock/near stock form. Better gearing and the higher readline help them out a lot. I was able to stay with them quite a bit more, simply by shifting at 6400.

There is one guy inparticular who I would beat out of the hole every time, but he was able to reel me in because I was shifting and he still had 600-700rpm to accelerate before he shifted.

I think if I was brave enough to raise the rev limiter to match the Mach it would be a really close race. I just don't enjoy destroying my vavletrain.

Quote Originally Posted by J-n-R
    Gotta love that shaker...
    Yup... gotta love that shaker! I know I do!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks real nice!!

Mach 1 is faster than a 3v GT stock for stock. An intake and tune 5spd car should be about even with a stock Mach with the mach pulling on the top. My buddies stock mach 1 went [email protected]. The '05 GT just is not there.

Looks sharp!!! It looks better in the pic in your avatar, though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grey281
    Looks sharp!!! It looks better in the pic in your avatar, though!!!
    LOL.. I agree. There are some bigger pics in my Photo Gallery.

Icon14 racing

They both make about the same power, i had 2 of my customers leave one with a mach and the other with a 05 and they ran 2 times up my road. The mach would pull about a car and hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedofsound
    ok.....school is now in session.
    2 cars is 2 tenths?......LMFAO
    FACT is 4 cars is a second and 2 cars is about a half of second. going by your formula i could beat someone by 10 cars and only win by a second. one second for 10 car lengths?......now thats bull**** if i ever smelt it before.
    as far as the stock for stock being a drivers race......stop reading magazines and thinking that what they print in them is the word of God.....LOL. just cause a magazine says so don't mean its true.
    i don't know how many times you've been down the 1320 before but i have actually raced the 1/4 more than a time or two.....LOL. just for my Guam passes alone i have 183 times slips......which one you want to see?
    3 posts and you come in here acting like and expert calling buill**** on me?.......rotflmfao
    Where's this guy now that everyone knows he is full of

My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge of physics. Your FACT is obviously fiction.

The Mach is marginally faster but a driver COULD make the difference between the two.

Go back to school.

Snake Bitten Moderator Array speedofsound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacettr
    Where's this guy now that everyone knows he is full of

My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge of physics. Your FACT is obviously fiction.

The Mach is marginally faster but a driver COULD make the difference between the two.

Go back to school.
    here i am.
    as far as being full of ****....lets see here genius. let me take a little time to reflect on past statements in this thread and allow you to taste your foot in your mouth.

grey281 said "Mach 1's are usually underestimated. My mach 1 weighs in at 3420 lbs. with me in it at the track, my gt weighs in at 3470 with me in it and at the track. So you subtract 50 pounds and add a but load of hp and a huge powerband, plus the bigger gears that come stock on the mach and you spell success. The 05 gts added more power but also added a bunch of weight. stock for stock the mach 1 should definetly win."

chuckles said "Every 6lbs of weight you remove equates to 1hp gain if you did not remove the weight. So if the Mach 1 is 3420 and the GT is around 3750 with driver. That's a 330 lb weight difference/6lbs per hp = 55hp gain. So the 05 GT would need 55 more hp in stock trim to equal the Power/Weight ratio of the Mach 1. I drive an 05 GT and I can say they are a pig when it comes to weight. But I've corrected that a just a tad!!!"

HotRodHarry said "We have them both and the Mach 1 is by far faster....out of the hole and top end....but dont get me wrong...the new GT's are awesome running cars that look incredible"

05yellowGT said "I've run against a few Mach's at the track and they are simply faster in stock/near stock form. Better gearing and the higher readline help them out a lot. I was able to stay with them quite a bit more, simply by shifting at 6400.

There is one guy inparticular who I would beat out of the hole every time, but he was able to reel me in because I was shifting and he still had 600-700rpm to accelerate before he shifted.

I think if I was brave enough to raise the rev limiter to match the Mach it would be a really close race. I just don't enjoy destroying my vavletrain."

757gt said "Mach 1 is faster than a 3v GT stock for stock. An intake and tune 5spd car should be about even with a stock Mach with the mach pulling on the top. My buddies stock mach 1 went [email protected]. The '05 GT just is not there."

Big Shot Dyno said "
    They both make about the same power, i had 2 of my customers leave one with a mach and the other with a 05 and they ran 2 times up my road. The mach would pull about a car and hold it."

wow....not bad for being full of ****....lets see.....just in this thread alone i count six people that agree for a fact that the Mach is faster. WOW.....looks like if you read and understand the whole thread YOU will actually learn something.

don't hate me because i'm one of many proud owners of a Mach 1......oh ya.....and its fast too.

and another thing to remember..this is a Mach 1 forum also

rotflmao!!!!!!!

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 First 12345678912 ... Last