Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a 3rd pump to my triple hat. Running Walbro pumps, if i added the 3rd do i need to run a different FPDM, or is the stock one still ok. I never had issues with the 2 pumps on it, but with the 3rd im curious if it will still be ok?

· Registered
5,773 Posts
No you will have to do some mods of some sort. The stock FPDM can only run two pumps in a Returnless setup.

Two of the main options is run 3 FPDMs or run something like a MDM that is a repeater. Or ditch all that crap and go return style.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Atm is has 2 pumps running from the FPDM to 2 seperate relay switches, then to the pumps. Im assuming i would just have to wire in 1 more relay to the other pump. Everything is powered from the battery on a dedicated power line.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
As long as your FPDM is simply used to trigger the relays, yes do as you said above. A better question is, why do you even have a FPDM? Use the switched power going to the FPDM to trigger your relays. The same wire you'd cut to install a BAP pre-FPDM. Then you can take the FPDM out altogeher.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may not even be running off the FPDM. Im not even sure, i just followed the directions from lethal performance that came with the kit. Some wires were tapped into on the harness, thats all i can remember. Going to give it a shot anyways and see what happens.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
Man, while it's nice to have someone like Lethal Performance put everything in one bag for you and give you nice step-by-step cut here/solder here steps, the problem is- you don't know what you are looking at now.

When I did mine- it was more like, "OK I have a BAP now". KB said to wire it post-FPDM, so those directions were out. Went on Modfords and read up on a pre-FPDM install. Once you think it through, and understand how it works- it sticks with you. I installed my BAP 6 years ago and clearly remember every part needed and exactly how it is wired. Therefore I can easily troubleshoot it. I know where the input voltages are, how the relay wiring is setup, and where the ouput voltage goes. Those "cut and play" kits really do people a disservice- *especially* when modifying the factory electrical wiring setup.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got everything wired up in about a hour. I remembered how everything was wired before, its just alot of stuff going on back there. Between the BAP, 3 relays, and some other wires it was a bit confusing at first but GTG now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.