Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide what to put in my foxbody? want something with around 400 or 450ish? going to be street car with priority on handling. which would be the better one? taking in to account ease of installation and price? any ideas?

·
Registered
131 Posts
4V 03-04 Cobra

For the power and money 4V 03-04 Cobra out the box with some bolt on's 400HP+ at the wheels. I got my for $7000 with 30K on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the board, this is the place you need to be if your going to do this swap, everyone here is great and willing to help each other out. Im glad i found this site and you will be to.

I plan on putting a lincoln mark 8 4.6 dohc in to a fox body coupe, this is what im going to do anyway, put headers/cobra intake/pulleys on it and be around 325-345hp. and put a 75 shot of juice.

while i have fun driving this combo around i plan on buying another lincoln engine and rebuild it with a cobra crank better rods and pistons, keep stock heads, use the cobra intake, use stock cams and then a vortec supercharger and have more fun while driving

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm biased toward the terminator engine.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I am biased toward the 5.4 32V NA engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no nitrous for me been there done that. not really interested in the navi motor because the intake situation. does the 3v weigh any less then the 4v i heard there is like a 50lb difference?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
You mean THIS intake situation?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah that is nice just dont want to spend the same amount of money on a intake as the engine itself

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
WTH are you talking about?

·
Registered
239 Posts
3vs are plentiful and cheap if you shop around. I just bought a complete 05 takeout with wiring harness, computer, 5 speed trans(which I will not use, but can re-sell) all accessories, etc for $2000. With Fords new computer plug and play computer system for $1200, still way under the $7000 mentioned for a Terminator engine. The Terminators are obviously great engines, but high dollar and you are still carrying the weight of the cast iron block. If handleing is what you are looking for, less weight, and still should not have any problem getting the power you are looking for out of the 3v

·
a legend in my own mind
660 Posts
the 4.6 3v is the lightest of the motor options AND it can make 350rwhp(410brake) without a sweat and get good gas mileage doing it. for autocrossing its hard to beat. sn's run mid to low 12's with that. fox's even quicker.

·
a legend in my own mind
660 Posts
i think 405lbs is a 4.6 3v weight.

·
a legend in my own mind
660 Posts
that motor with bolt ons will make 310rwhp. with crane cams and the new c&l intake? 350rwhp+

1 - 20 of 23 Posts