Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put in 3v pistons in a 2v motor ?? if so any problems ?? was thinking about putting some 14cc 3v manley pistons in a 2v motor to accomplish a cr of about 9.7 with the new trick flow 44cc heads when they come out.. all feedback is welcome..

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I don't understand the point in doing this?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Me either.

There is no point really. Especailly if the piston has a valve relief. It will be in the wrong place.

Just order the right piston and be done. I'm sure somebody has a off the shelf 4.6 piston that will get you close. If not have a custom piston made. Then you'll get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the point is in order for me to get the compression ratio i want with a 44 cc head i need a 14 cc piston and dont wont to have a custom set made if the one for the 3v will work with no problems... this will be going on a vortech supercharged car with an automatic trans so i want to keep the c/r up a little high... 11cc piston will be to high and 18 cc piston will be to low..

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If it doesn't have a valve relief then it shouldn't matter. The compression height is the same.

They probably only designate it a 3V piston because of the cc dish they put in it. So it matches up with 3v combustion chambers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts