Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my delema is Im not sure which gear to install. See I went to the track last week and I noticed my 4.10s are humming extremely bad and Ive also noticed vibration. So I ordered a new set of 4.10s to have my dealer install them , but Ive heard that with 28 x 10.5 Mickeys I should get 4.30s instead. Ive also heard that too much gear will slow me down b/c with a blower car you'll be out of the power band to quick and wont let the motor put the power down. Is this true? I went 118.11 crossing at 5200rpms with 275/60/15 dr , And Im getting a new pulley tuesday so Instead of 10 to 11 psi I should be around 14 to 15psi, Can anyone give me some good advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
From what I have seen posted around most of the reputable forums, I think you should stay with the 4.10's. Specially on a blown car. I see 4.30's on N/A more than anything. Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning on staying with my 4.10s, but Im crossing the 1/4 at 5200rpms which is low. Maybe I should put the pulley on the car and run it with 4.10s see what it does and then try the 4.30s and see if she picks up anything. I was curious to know if anyone has done this already so I wouldn't have to go thru all the expense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts