Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son's have an 80 Fairmont and an 81 Granada fox body. Has anyone do a 4.6 swap in them AND gotten things running with out going nuts and spending way too much?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4.6 / 5.4 swap

No one has done this swap?

·
Registered
35 Posts
There both fox body's correct? then the swap can be done.. just like swaping a 4.6 or 5.4 in a 79-93 stang. the number one thing that you need to get (unless if your Really good with a welder) is a AJE 4.6L fox swap k-member and you have to run hydraboost brakes.. or manual brakes. the thing that i find that is the most pita thing is the wireing. but yes it can be done... and has it? that i cant answer iv never seen one before with a mod motor. but the engine compartment is the same one thats in the 79-93 stangs so it will work. im not to sure about hood clearence problems or not. if it dont fit under the stock hood just hte a cowl hood.. or do what im doing and fab up a intake for it that will fit under tha stock hood. well have fun with the swap if your gonna do it. oh and one more thing.. mustang 4.6L motors some use PATS so you mite need a chip burned to get rid of it in order to start it.

thats just my 2 cents

-Triton. aka bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts