Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting a 4.6 out of a 2009 police interceptor in my Fairlane. I've heard that the 4.6 is lacking compared to the 5.4; but I just want a car that will get great gas mileage to drive to shows & possibly power tour. Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
sounds very intresting didnt know they still made the vic in 09
and im pretty sure the shock towers will have to be trimmed if u didnt alredy know that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@64fairlane2v : Have you decided which radiator you are going to use? I was thinking about just using the stock one but read that a dual core really helps with cooling & is worth the extra cost.
@ Josh02gt : I think 09 was the last year for the vic & I'm putting a rod & custom motorsports front end in it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 2V is big block wide and the 4V even wider. You can get 350 crank HP without too much effort and is a smooth running, long lasting motor with good gas mileage. The 5.4 is wider than the 4.6 becasue it's a taller deck but has more torque. HP seems to be similar, though. The only disadvantage is a (stock) 2V looks like an industrial pump when you open the hood but can be made to look sweet. Sounds like a cool project; you should be able to find a 2V dirt-cheap. What are you going to do about motor, trans mounts, etc? Are you going to run F.I. or a carb? Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ft end clearance

I am going to eliminate the shock towers completely there are a couple companies selling mustang 2 style suspension kits for the 64. May also work for yours pm me if you cant find anything.

Jeremy
64 sport coupe
94 mrk8 4v

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a '95 4.6 out of a lincoln in my 1965 Galaxie and it is the best thing I ever did for driveability. Did the sub frame thing and ended up with front disk brakes, power steering. The saw how easy it would be to put the lincoln disk brakes on the rear, and now have four wheel disk brakes.
I get 19 to 22 mpg, according to the lincoln digital read out dash that I put in behind the regular Galaxie spedo spot.
Drive it 70 miles a day to and from work, runing 70+ all the way.
Getting ready to put a 4.6 and 3650 in my 1941 for this winter. Have not decieded to keep the fuel injection + computor, or trade it out for the elderbrock 4bbl manifold, adn MSD 6 ignition. Plenty of time to think on that. Good luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am putting a 96 Mark VIII in my 62 Fairlane, using the R&C front suspension and cutting out the towers. Hope to get started on the front end install in the next few weeks. I bought a donor car and am trying to figure out what all to use and not to use. figuring out the wiring harness.

Are you guys using an stand alone harness and computer or the factory items?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.