Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, am I missing something here. Or does no one make a 1 5/8 shortie header for the 2v? I run the FFW s/s and can only use shortie headers, and all I've seen are 1 1/2". Coming from the 302 modifing way of things. 1 1/2" = waste of time and 1 5/8" is the way to go. Does this not hold true with the 2v? Or is there a space issue or something?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
frpp

frpp sells 1 5/8 shorties but there the same price as long tubes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: frpp

96stang46 said:
frpp sells 1 5/8 shorties but there the same price as long tubes
really? hmm, interesting. I never even thought to look at the frpp stuff. Anyone heard anything good/bad about them?

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Gt said:
Ok, am I missing something here. Or does no one make a 1 5/8 shortie header for the 2v? I run the FFW s/s and can only use shortie headers, and all I've seen are 1 1/2". Coming from the 302 modifing way of things. 1 1/2" = waste of time and 1 5/8" is the way to go. Does this not hold true with the 2v? Or is there a space issue or something?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
According to the Brothers Performance Warehouse catalog BBK is coming out with 1 and 5/8" shorties for the 4.6 2v
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: 4.6 shortie headers

b c said:
According to the Brothers Performance Warehouse catalog BBK is coming out with 1 and 5/8" shorties for the 4.6 2v
Cool, thanks for the info.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess the next question is tho, Will shorties help out a 4.6 at all? I've saw a post that 2 people had tried shorties and saw no gain at all on the dyno. Sigh, a ~$500 gamble to find out if they help my car or not.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
Gt said:
I guess the next question is tho, Will shorties help out a 4.6 at all? I've saw a post that 2 people had tried shorties and saw no gain at all on the dyno. Sigh, a ~$500 gamble to find out if they help my car or not.
Get Longtubes and forget about it being a gamble. Or get the Bassani Mid-Lengths.

BTW - Doesnt JBA sell 1-5/8 Shorties?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hj16 said:
Get Longtubes and forget about it being a gamble. Or get the Bassani Mid-Lengths.

BTW - Doesnt JBA sell 1-5/8 Shorties?
Can't do longtubes or Mid-lengths. I run the Street Stang class in FFW. Which only allows shorties.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
Dynamax makes some
JBAs are the same for both.
FORD

They dont make the same as LTs but you will get a little Supercharged out of them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Actually the shorties should make higher peak hp. The longtubes, theoretically will make more torque across the board.
I've seen pretty good results from the 1 5/8 JBAs.


David
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top