Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a central place that for people to use for a reference about the 4.6L and 5.4L engines. What I am talking about is:

1. specifications
2. interchangability
3. best parts to use

Maybe a FAQ or Eric maybe a place for people to post what has worked for them. :confused:

I ask this because I am new to 4V Mod Motors and I am trying to learn as much as I can before investing my money. Like so many others, I can only afford to do this once but I want to do it right.

Thanks
jim :lurk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pretty much everything is the same, but the deck height, and what part to use really depends on what your goals are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am talking about. You knew that but a person new to thses motors wouldn't know this.

For example there is talk about a new 03 block, is that just for 4.6 or does it also include the 5.4?

What about the chains? I learned there are two chains, one for autos and one for sticks. Does this also hold up for 5.4L motors?

This is the kinda information I am talking about.
jim

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
hellfirejim, the more information that is posted, the more I have to create a FAQ from. I hope that by the end of the year, I have enough info to cover most all aspects of modular engines. The engines , although over 10 years old, are stil new and people are just starting to "build them" Stay tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts