Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, got the 4lb lower on. Problem is, I can only get 14 lbs of boost with that and the 2.8 upper. I know my 6000 ft elevation has something to do with that. Does someone have a formula for figuring out how much boost I lose by my elevation and just overall lack of air? I know the belt is not slipping and power is deffinitely up from before, but the boost thing is odd. I figured I see a little more even with this altitude! Anyway, going to the dyno on Monday, hoping for 500/520 or somewhere around there

·
Registered
67 Posts
You going to dyno pro in denver? I live real close to there and if that is where you are going I will be there. Let me know where you are going. I would like to check your ride out. Andrew

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paragon Performance in Aurora on Havana & Colfax or so at 4:00 Monday.

·
Registered
404 Posts
what is your HP now......I think lowers give you more TQ, but lets see what you end up with. I think around 470- 480 HP if you are at 460 now.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am at 475 hp 490 tq now. We shall see!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am not sure exactly how much boost we lose at our altitude but my 2.8 only gives me about 11Lbs. Most people seem to be reporting 13-14. About how much boost increase did you get with the 4lb lower? Did your ride comfort decrese noticebly with those tire sizes? We should try to get the CO cobras together one of these weekends. I like to go down to the dyno and see you car but I don't think I can make it to Aurora during rush hour. Good luck with your numbers!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Daryl B, a bunch of us are going to Bandimere on the 14th. Maybe you can swing it? Ride quality is the same with those tires! I didn't have the boost gauge overlay when I had the 2.8 only so I'm not sure what I was pushing then. Have you 1/4 miled your car yet and where did you do your dyno? Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have not made it Bandimere yet. I am having a roll bar put in this weekend. Might try test & tune Wednesday night, if weather permits. What time do they get started? I have done all my Dyno's at Dyno Pro's (better neighborhood,hehe). If you want to give them a try I could meet you there Monday because they are right by my office. Any guess as to how much boost increase the 4lb lowere gave you?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those must be STD numbers instead of SAE then right? I went to dynopro first and got 471/458. Same day got 475/489 at paragon. Don't know what the deal is. Maybe I was getting some belt slip? Anyway, gates at Bandimere open at 4:30, I'll probably be there then, and weather looks good so far!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry forgot, I suppose the 4 lb gave me 3-4 lbs because I am at 14-15 now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe they are SAE corrected numbers but my Dyno sheets are at the office. You would think I would know after 26 pulls but my brain has been missing for a few weeks. Hopefully I will see you Wednesday night. What have you been running at this altitude?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Give me a ring, tired of typing!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Feeding my newborn but I will try to give you a call in about 30 mins. PM your number.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, check your PM's!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts