Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone, this is my first post and probably not my last. A while back I made the following mods to my 03' Cobra: Bassani Off Road X-Pipe, C&L 95mm mass air meter with K&N, 2.80 pulley, DiabloSport chip and Flowmaster American Thunder 2 chamber catback (everything else, including the belt, is stock). When all was said and done, the car made 417 rwhp (SAE). It was an improvement, but I could tell the car wasn't living up to it's potential. Eventually I got the time to visit Richard at Strictly Performance. We made an initial pull (the car was pretty hot) and the car put down 385 ponies to the wheels. I was a bit shocked given that even the hottest car shouldn't lose that much power. The air/fuel curve, however, indicated the car needed some tuning. It would run lean in the lower RPM range (<4000 rpm), and then become super rich where I needed it least. Richard removed the computer and reprogrammed the DiabloSport...the results were very impressive: 461.2 real wheel horsepower and 485 ft/lbs. of torque. Wow! The difference is like night and day; the reburning was exactly what the car was asking for. I think I'm taking Richard's advice and will be dropping a nitrous kit soon. I'm hoping for close to 600 at the wheels before it's all said and done. Kudos to Richard for the excellent tune!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
You ran the 280 Pulley with Stock Belt??
Talk about belt slippage!!!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
By the way,,Great numbers with the tune,,
Now that car should feel awesome..
congrats..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was already thinking of taking my car to Richard at Strictly Performance. It's about 4 to 5 hours drive away but I will defenetly be visiting him soon as soom as I get the straight axle rear on.

Casper 03

G

·
Jim Vaccaro said:
You ran the 280 Pulley with Stock Belt??
Talk about belt slippage!!!!
Thats what I was thinking too..
Glad to see she is up in hp like she should be...very cool!!
Harry

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My Dad just made a good point and I will ask you guys, I had the Gates/napa 74inch belt on my car with JDM interchangeable 2.93, single 100mm billetflow idler (stop removed on tensioner), this belt fit great and all but I went ahead and bought a gatorback and put it on, it also fits great, but my Dad made a good point in that the Gates belt would fit down in the grooves of the 2.93 where as the Gatorback will ride on top of them, is that true, who thinks I should switch back to the Gates, both belts produce some belt residue in the idler area, but by the guage the car holds boost all the way to redline! Whats everyones take! Not trying to steal your post, this will help everyone out with a pulley swap!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
12.67 @112.5, are those your times before the pulley?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The car went [email protected] stock with the paper filter with 700 miles, I ran it with the offroad X and JLP on it as the only mods and matched my et and picked up 1 mph in a lot warmer and more humid conditions, havent ran it with the 2.93, Accufab, Chip, Idler, full exhaust, but I am hoping for 120+ trap speeds and 11 something et!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sh*t I'd be happy for low 12's right now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Joseph,

Congrats on the awesome numbers!!! What boost level are you running with the 2.80 upper pulley? Have you ran the car at the track yet?

Later

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
14.5 - 15.00 lbs. -- I'm hoping to change the inlet elbow and throttle body soon. This should give me another pound or so of boost and MAYBE 15 horses to the ground. It's all speculative right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts