Dohc In 91 Coupe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Default Dohc In 91 Coupe

hey all trying to get some info on the finishing touches to my fox conversion. first of all ive already installed hydroboost system (didnt have to modify the stock 91 pedals everything fit just had to drill out 1 hole in fire wall) 5 lug all wheel disk saleen front calipers cobra rear end 373 gears tremec 5 speed and a 4.6 dohc out of a 97 cobra. i used the stock k member out of the cobra fox a arms with sn95 ball joints to keep the toe in right. now all i have left to do is figure out how to wire this thing up i have the stock 4.6 computer which i will end up using. i am keeping the stock 5.0 dash harness will worry about the guages later and kept the drivers side wiring to keep the headlight wiring all i need to know is can i just use the passenger side harness off a cobra to get it to fire? i know about the pats system and all that and also how is the imrc operated is it off the throttle cable or off something elese i had big problems getting the throttle cable since its obsolete from ford now any help would be great so close yet so far away

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

see if u can find a throttle cable from the wrecking yard or what not...

not too positive on my answers for your other questions...so i'll let someone else answer them!

thanks i have found a cable from prestigemustang.com it it helps anyone elese for has quit producing a lot of parts for these cars and they are getting hard to find im now trying to figure the wiring out so i can fire it up thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

91dohccoupe,

You have not a clue do you? hahah, leave the modular motors and all that is man to me! I'll figure this out for you! BTW people, here are a few pics of the swap in progress..

Thanks Corral!!

Quote Originally Posted by 91dohccoupe
    hey all trying to get some info on the finishing touches to my fox conversion. first of all ive already installed hydroboost system (didnt have to modify the stock 91 pedals everything fit just had to drill out 1 hole in fire wall) 5 lug all wheel disk saleen front calipers cobra rear end 373 gears tremec 5 speed and a 4.6 dohc out of a 97 cobra. i used the stock k member out of the cobra fox a arms with sn95 ball joints to keep the toe in right. now all i have left to do is figure out how to wire this thing up i have the stock 4.6 computer which i will end up using. i am keeping the stock 5.0 dash harness will worry about the guages later and kept the drivers side wiring to keep the headlight wiring all i need to know is can i just use the passenger side harness off a cobra to get it to fire? i know about the pats system and all that and also how is the imrc operated is it off the throttle cable or off something elese i had big problems getting the throttle cable since its obsolete from ford now any help would be great so close yet so far away
    If you didn't replace the pedals, and you didn't change the end of the hydroboost that goes to the brake pedal, how did you correct the pedal geometry?

when we put the hydro boost in the car my buddy hooked up the plunger to the stock pedal i really dont how it worked out but it does and there is no hang in the pedal i can push it all the way to the floor it works fine but the steering shaft was a dfferent story all to gether we had to take a 94 up telescoping end that connects to the rack and the fox end that goes to the wheel and knock out the u joints out tof both to make it fit where the fox shaft was about a 1/4 inch too short it can be done but it a pain

Yeah a pain it was! This sombitch kept me up til 3:30 am working on that shaft. All is good, I got me a sausage biscuit out of it!! Our only holdback is the drivers side wiring harness, how to wire it up to the DOHC harness. And also on the passenger side, How to get power to the ECU???

well dave i see your not dead it will be worth it in the end dont you think we need to post pics on this fourm too

It will be worth it when the key turns and I hear it crank over and run! I tried to post pics but the Corral won't let me hotlink. Eh! here we go... oh before you ask the color is Chebby orange!

Last edited by Turkish; 03-13-2006 at 08:47 PM.

you need to post the pics i have

Well email them to me @ [email protected]. I'll post em' up

Default More Pics

just a few more pics of the project
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Mod fords slowest cobra. Array shawnssvtcobra's Avatar

Thats a nice fox mod conversion dude.

thanks its been alot of work

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread