Can I switch between custom and performance tune?

+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I switch between custom and performance tune?

I had a dyno tune done, with no baseline run. Just loaded his tune, did one run, made some adjustments, another run and it was done. No A/F ratio or anything and the guy wasn't much of a talker. I felt like I just left the strip club. I felt confused, a little angry and out $200. After driving the car for 3 weeks I'm convinced it's lost power over the regular performance tune with timing maxed running 93 octane.
    I want to make some runs with the old performance tune, timing maxed and then some runs with his custom tune. When I plug in the predator it has custom tune/diagnostics/options. Nothing for the old performance tune. Can I save the custom tune on my computer and run the old performance tune? I scanned 5 pages of threads here but no answers for this possibly stupid question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I believe you can do a READ EXTRA TUNE, which will copy the tune in your EEC (the one the dealer installed) and save it on the Predator. Then do an EXPORT TUNE to save the custom tune to your PC.

Then you can ERASE CUSTOM TUNE and your Predator will show the canned PERFORMANCE TUNE again. A custom tune takes the place of the canned tune but just on screen. The canned tune is still there but you just can't get to it when you have a custom tune.

With the canned PREFORMANCE TUNE accessible again, you can now flash that into your car for comparison. When you are done, you can IMPORT CUSTOM TUNE from your PC to the Predator and be able to flash the custom tune into your car.

Wait till [email protected] confirms this first. I'd hate for you to lose your custom tune.

Diablosport Array ChrisDiablosport's Avatar

Do as propellerhead says. Thanks for saving me some typing

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Just trying to help. I've explored the Predator up and down, inside and out. It's a great tool.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try this at home tonight.

I was going to put some screenshots in here to help but I can't even do that. Anyways, this didn't work for me. Problem # 1 is I can't find READ EXTRA TUNE from PH's directions. So I decided to use the book. Under "exporting tune from Predator" on page 7, I got to step 5. I'm supposed to select "get file", enter file name, and select file to save to. Well I can select "get file from predator", but then it does nothing. Its connected to the correct port and everything because I've done the revision before with no problems. Am I using the correct software. I got the "Diablosport downloader" from thier website.

Diablosport Array ChrisDiablosport's Avatar

Read Extra Tune is under Options, Troubleshooting.

10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread