Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Got a transmission acting up on a recent purchase on a higher mileage vehicle. I believe it's on the original trans at 130k here, but I could be wrong. Either way, on 1-2 and 2-3, semi-frequently, say 10% of the time I'm getting a lazy shift with some slipping. E.g. it'll tach all the way to redline, slip down 500rpm, then shift (dropping the rest of the RPM). It otherwise feels solid, so I'm actually sort of leaning towards the idea that this fluid is cooked and that it might actually help. I don't think the trans is shot, but I wanted to defer to other members who have had this happen before.

When I had a transmission fail in another vehicle it was immediate. It slipped, then it slipped more, and more and more etc. It wasn't intermittent like this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I say flush, what can it hurt besides your wallet IF you need a hard part repair? Complete flush and refill with FORD MERCON V + new MOTORCRAFT FILTER. I've had good luck with my 4R70W and sticking with that stuff, and after each flush I do on my maint schedule the trans seems to firm up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts