Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking this motor out by Alternative and thought maybe some here would have comments. I know Lidio is well respected and it looks like a answer for us Marauder guys who wanted some serious TQ for the heavy beast. Anyone here have experience with this set up in a stang or something else?

Here is some video links and copy and pasted info I was reading.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk220/alternativeauto_2008/?action=view&current=53LMMcaming.flv

More News on the 5.3L BigBore-Stroker...
We now have the Trilogy TwinScrew upgrade installed on the 5.3L Big Bore-Stroker motor in this 2004 MM.

The car also needed some other things changed to go along with the upgraded blower and the expected power output.
It also got 60lbs injectors, Large Mono-Blade Accufab throttle body, and it got the JLT inlet kit coupled to the SCT 90mm BA-meter. The rest of the fuel delivery system is stock, except the fuel pump in the tank has been replaced with a single SVT focus pump, and a Kenny Bell "boosta-pump" was wired in also. And this fuel system kept up to nearly 600 to the rear wheels!!

As mentioned earlier in this thread… the car got switched back to 93 octane just before the Twin screw was installed. With a 2.75" upper pulley and the standard Trilogy crank pulley, we pulled about 14.5psi in the mid range, and then fell off to just under 13psi after about 5500rpms. I was hoping for 14-15psi on top end, but considering this motor is about 10.1to1 compression, this is probably the best for it all around for 93 octane.

As you can see in the dyno sheet posted, we ended up with almost 580rwhp and just over 570tq. The fuel system kept up nice, but when looking at the fuel psi thru the data logger, I'd have to say the fuel system doesn't have much left in it in terms of being able to support more RWHP.
This is with 13 degrees of ignition timing once she gets past 4800rpm. Some might think that's conservative ignition timing, but for a 10.1to1 compression motor and about 13-14psi of boost. 13 degrees is about right. I'm looking for some serious reliability here when abusing this thing, not just in the 1/4mile or short spurts, but on the long hauls on the highway at WOT too.

Not to shabby for unleaded premium fuel, at the rear wheels of an automatic trans car.
A couple more pounds of boost and maybe some race fuel!! Mid 600s at the tire would be very realistic I would have to believe.

I've posted some more PICs, dyno sheet, and video of it making the 578rwhp.

Video; http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...yno578rwhp.flv

Here is the second Marauder to get one of the 5.3L BigBore motors centered around the FRP Boss-5.0 iron block. I don't have complete performance and dyno numbers yet because we are still breaking in the new motor, and getting some basic drivability and tuning out of the way.
But it so far; starts, drives and idles very nicely. This MM in the video has the same crower cams that the other BigBore stroker MM got a couple of months ago, and I'll probably use them in the future/similar combinations. This one actually idles and rumps quite nice!!
And over all its not that loud. It has Kooks long tunes, but no cats at all. So to keep it from being to loud and frapy, it has two very long DynoMax Super Turbo muffler that are called the "Hemi" version according to my custom exhaust guy. Also to further control the over all exhaust noise and rasping, it has two 18" resonators just ahead of the mufflers that you can catch a glimpse of in the video as the camera moves from the front of the left rocker panel to the rear of the car. This one isn't super loud, and not really crackly at an idle. But you gota hear it up close.... Its niccce !!!

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/...=view&current=Marauder53Lcrowercamsidling.flv

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note I do not work for nor have any affiliation with Alternative performance but they have done work for me and have always done a fantastic job for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts