Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy of a swap is it? Is it even possible? I know hood clearance is gonna be a big issue (i need a cowl hood anyways :D) Its a pretty direct swap? Anything else I need to worry about? (how much heavier is the 5.4sc vs my na4.6?)

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have never done it. but a few people on corral.net have. i know that you can keep the stock intake. someone made a special intake spacers that allow you to run the stock intake, so you wont have to get a new hood. i think there might be very minor exhaust issues. thats all i know. i guess other than that its a bolt in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the motor weighs in at about 700 lbs, and with the blower is about 6" higher than the hood/fender line. Look at the Frightning in muscle mustangs & ff, its a fox but even a 4 " cowl hood wont cover it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR STANG? Have you talked to anyone on the conversion board? Theres a few people who have done the 5.4 swap. Rough cost $12K, unless you do ALOT of the work yourself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stanggt00 said:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR STANG? Have you talked to anyone on the conversion board? Theres a few people who have done the 5.4 swap. Rough cost $12K, unless you do ALOT of the work yourself.
that much to do the swap?

damn maybe i'm gonna change my plans :eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
12k ? I bought a 98 Expedition 5.4l for 850. 00 put on a set of p.i heads and custom spacers I'll be mounting my Svo roots sc on it. The engine is in the car now I'm just waiting for the machine shop to finish my spacers. I figure using all my old parts the swap will cost about 1100.00.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Talk to nx3550 or something like that. After all the other stuff to go with it, computer fuel pump etc... thats about what he spent. Maybe he built up the bottom end, also, it may have been a 4v.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts