Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a heads up---
I'd like everyone to know that when I built my 2002 5.4, I added a crank and flat top pistons from a 2008 5.4, no other cam modifications for clearance, also the 2008 sized oil pump with a new properly sized oil pick-up and my engine runs great on pump gas. I add Dyno Tabs once in a while when I fill the tank just to see if there is a difference in performance just as I add premium fuel the same random way. There is no difference and I assume the computer retards the timing a bit to avoid detonation with what I formulated as 10.65:1 compression.
I'll actually get back to the truck and add the long tube headers, dual exhaust and then hit it with a Superships, Flashpaq tune to see if it boosts anything once I hit the 1000 mile break in point. Okay, the run on sentences are over with... Return to normal programming and don't believe the fake stories about flat top pistons and clearance problems with stock cams, or exceedingly high compression ratios. Pump gas at 10.65:1 seems to be fine with a computer....It sure didn't sound too pretty with my old 1972 AMC Javelin 401 with only 10.5:1 compression.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts