Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get a 5.4 long block for $100 at u-wrench-it, a junk yard in va beach. will this thing just bolt right up and will my 96 computer run the thing what all would i need to get it workin' oh and will my t45 work

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes it will just bolt up.. and yes your 96 wireing and computer will run it as long as it was a v8 before, you Mite want to get it a chip made for it to tell the ecu its no longer a 4.6L and that its a 5.4L now(theres a selection within the ford ecc that you put the Size of the motor) with a 5.4 you will probly have a hood clearence problem (like im haveing with my swap.. same engine... just 2 more cylenders) the Intake on the 5.4's is very tall.. iv seen ppl make there own throttle body elbow and make it a low pro one.. and have it clear the stock hood. but its a real tight fit uptop. it will bolt right up useing your 4.6L motor mounts.. hope this helped ya out any.

-Triton.. aka bob.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looks great. I just love a low and tastefully done SN95. What is the story on the other 2 yellow SN95 cars? I think I read that the one is your dad's...... Great site, lots of useful info you have there.

Take care,
James

·
Registered
428 Posts
Search! There's lots of info about it around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts