Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a blast at NMRA World Finals tonight! I got to stop by the www.modularperformance.com pit and meet Mike and John Tymensky for the first time, and guess what I found? A 5.4L DOHC INTAKE FOR NAVI HEADS! There is a GOD!

The cost is $599 for the intake just as you see it in the pics below. It's for EFI/Carb and will be shipping Dec 1st 2003. They are now taking $200 deposits if you want one of the first. They are going to come out with a 4.6L 4v and 4.6L 2v intake next.

Mike and John, it was great finally meeting you guys! You both are two of the nicest guys I've met in a long time. Thanks for swapping the ModMax springs at the race tonight, and the top notch service I've had the pleasure of receiving over the past year and a half!

John

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thank god someone finally gets is right, but unfortunately it does not accept the Eaton, KB, or Works blower. What throttle body would fit on that in a fuel injected application?

Nice pics buddy!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ayrton said:
Thank god someone finally gets is right, but unfortunately it does not accept the Eaton, KB, or Works blower. What throttle body would fit on that in a fuel injected application?

Nice pics buddy!
He said it will probably be 75 or 80mm throttle body.

I"ll try to ask them Sunday at NMRA if they have any plans for the Eaton/KB/Works Blower intake for a 5.4L DOHC.

John

·
Registered
511 Posts
NX330MustangGT said:

I"ll try to ask them Sunday at NMRA if they have any plans for the Eaton/KB/Works Blower intake for a 5.4L DOHC.

John
Tell them I have a long block waiting...:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slobra281 said:
Did they say when the 4.6 4v intake would be ready?
For the 4.6L 2v and 4.6L 4v it will be about a year before they are ready.

John

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ayrton said:
Thank god someone finally gets is right, but unfortunately it does not accept the Eaton, KB, or Works blower.
Mike and John said there isn't anything in the works for the Eaton/KB/Works blowers.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
buffhomer said:
Ah!!! Just in time!!

/me orders
Cool man! :D If your get yours done first, Email me some pics. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok, stupid question: why the 5.4 and not the more available 4.6? :shrug

Brian

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ranger50 said:
Ok, stupid question: why the 5.4 and not the more available 4.6? :shrug

Brian
If you built a 4.6L DOHC and a 5.4L DOHC the exact same way, which do you think would make more HP/TQ? :lol :hammer :shootbird :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I dunno maybe I like to not have to pull a motor to fix it. :shrug

Brian

Plus, I just add more boooost. ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
This just opens up a lot of options for us Lightning owners now I can build a 92 mm turbo navi motor in my lightning! 9 sec pass here I come!

·
Registered
589 Posts
That looks sharp!

John T @ Modular Performance is truly one of the nicest and most knowledgable people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with in the automotive industry. I can say nothing but good things about him and his business.

Regards,
Brad

1 - 20 of 126 Posts