Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ride is gettin a pretty serious overhaul, and I wanna know what everyone's fuel set-up is. So, if you have between 500 and 600 RWHP/RWTQ(where I plan on being), please post up your fuel system so I can get some ideas. Also, anyone with fuel system experience, feel free to chime in with some suggestions. Thanks a lot...

:tip:

·
Registered
431 Posts
i'm making 612 on my street tune and 751 on the race tune

i have a cobra tank with dual GT pumps, PPRV delete, wiring upgrade, modded FPDM, and a 40 amp BAP. mine only sees low 80% DC's at the most

ifi were you i'd get twin GT pumps, modded FPDM and a BAP and call it a day!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 - I already have an in-tank Walbro 255lph and a Walbro 190lph in-line fuel pump, would these "twin GT pumps" replace those?

#2 - I have no idea what a FDPM is...

#3 - Is BAP for Boost-a-pump? Is that a Kenne Bell part/kit?

Thanks....

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
What year is your car? Post up some specs and we can go from there. If its a 99 and later, you got the wrong pumps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
#1 - I already have an in-tank Walbro 255lph and a Walbro 190lph in-line fuel pump, would these "twin GT pumps" replace those?

#2 - I have no idea what a FDPM is...

#3 - Is BAP for Boost-a-pump? Is that a Kenne Bell part/kit?

Thanks....
1) Are you running a return setup? The GT pumps are returnless

2) Fuel Pump Driver Module

3) Yes

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 97GT, so it's got the return style system. I've got the two Walbo pumps I mentioned above, plus 42lb injectors. That's it for now, but the supercharger has come off and I'm lookin to go turbo. Thanks again everyone...

·
Registered
178 Posts
i have a cobra tank with dual GT pumps, PPRV delete, wiring upgrade, modded FPDM, and a 40 amp BAP. mine only sees low 80% DC's at the most
Im looking for the same info..

D1 /stroked 4.6 - 01 bullitt.. Have cobra tank, BAP and 60#'s sitting.. can u tell me more about " PPRV delete, wiring upgrade" ..trying to find some more info..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im looking for the same info..

D1 /stroked 4.6 - 01 bullitt.. Have cobra tank, BAP and 60#'s sitting.. can u tell me more about " PPRV delete, wiring upgrade" ..trying to find some more info..
PPRV delete removes the positive pressure relief valve in the fuel system. It is what causes the hesitation between shifts that many people complain about. It's the white plastic box looking thing in this picture.

The wiring upgrade just upgrades the wiring running to the BAP or fpdm allowing more overhead. The stock wiring is a little small for the GT pumps and a bap. Here's a write-up on the wiring upgrade and BAP install
http://svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/244875-bap-wiring-upgrade-installation-directions.html

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
I'll be making 500-650rwhp with the nitrous.

60Inj
KB BAP
Modified FPDM
Dual Hat/Dual Pumps

I am debating to run Twin aviators or Twin GT's. I have a single aviator in right now before I do the swap, just debating on what I want to run. Any input?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I should have been more specific, my car is a 97 and has a return style set-up, so the Twin GT pump idea is a no go for me right? What should I be looking at then? Thanks....

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Twin Walbros are just as good. Twin 255 pumps will put out a ton of fuel. But hell with that. Sump that sucker, put an Aeromotive A1000 or some other big external pump on it. -8 to the rails. -6 on the return. Thats what I would do if I ran a return system. Just go big. Having fuel is like having money in the bank. You can never have too much ready and willing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Twin Walbros are just as good. Twin 255 pumps will put out a ton of fuel. But hell with that. Sump that sucker, put an Aeromotive A1000 or some other big external pump on it. -8 to the rails. -6 on the return. Thats what I would do if I ran a return system. Just go big. Having fuel is like having money in the bank. You can never have too much ready and willing.
Hmm, you lost me again. So, if I'm keeping my Walbros, where would the Aeromotive A1000 go exactly? Is that another fuel pump? And what do you mean when you say -8 to the rails and -6 to the return? Are you talkin fuel line thickness? Also, would 60#ers be enough? Thanks again...

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
I am making 661rwhp 565rwtq on a super flow dyno so actually around 720rwhp on a dyno jet. I have a sumped tank, an A1000 pump, -10 feed lines (Y into 2 -8 lines) aeromotive rails, 60lbs injectors, A1000 regulator and -6 return line. I'm no where near maxing out my fuel system.

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
He could easily get away with just a -8. Sump your tank though. This is more of a full on race setup. The pump might end up being louder then the motor.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He could easily get away with just a -8. Sump your tank though. This is more of a full on race setup. The pump might end up being louder then the motor.
This is for a weekend warrior car, don't want it to be full race car. What all is involved in "sumping" a tank exactly? Is the A1000 you're talkin about that'll be really loud?

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
I only hear the pump when I turn the key. It's not very loud at all. When the engine is running you can't hear it at all. The a1000 pump requires -10 line in and out (of both filters). You can run a -8 line from the filter but it was cheaper to run a -10 for me.

Sumping the tank was pretty easy and cost me less then $100. I bought the sump off ebay and had the tank drilled and the sump welded on by a buddy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im looking to break 550-600rwhp with my 99 gt.

return style system:

60lb injectors
sumped tank
a1000 pump & regulator
aeromotive controller
-8 feed, -6 return
aeromotive fuel rails

·
Registered
95 Posts
I made 555rwhp with 2 GT40 pumps, dual FPDM's, -8 feed, CPR rails, and 60lb injectors on 91 octane through an automatic.

Going back in a couple weeks hoping for ~750whp on some unleaded race gas.

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
I made 555rwhp with 2 GT40 pumps, dual FPDM's, -8 feed, CPR rails, and 60lb injectors on 91 octane through an automatic.

Going back in a couple weeks hoping for ~750whp on some unleaded race gas.
What kind of FPDC where you seeing @ WOT?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts