Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been awhile since I have posted here I have been tied up with the SC kit for the 03 Marauder, I was at Ennis last weekend at FFW that was great, so here is what I am putting in my 02 GT convertible, Jim O'niel did the whole long block in my opinion he is the best around, We started out with a 98 4V Cobra short block went 20 over used Manly rods CP fully coated pistons, ARP fasteners, Billet oil pump gears windage tray ARP head studs with fully massaged 2V heads with stainless valves and retainers, Extrude honed and port matched Bullit intake, 15 PSI Vortech S. Trim. I am using a Cobra gas tank 4:10 gears Mac ceramic coated LTH with my Bullit proof 4R70W with a 3000 stall converter, I also have huge air to air after cooler, I will post more pictures when I get the motor in.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Looks real good!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
AWESOME Dennis..Good Luck..Sweet setup

·
Registered
83 Posts
2v modular engines

I have been racing 2000 gt with a completly stock 4.6l even the plastic intake 200 passes so far most in the 118mph with a ps1c and 12lb boost but recently put 70hp shot and a new tune on the car and have made 30 passes @ 128.9 mph and a 101mph eigth. drag radials at 11.1 1.0 60ftand a stock t-45 . your combo should fly. Keep us updated.

Joe skinner
kk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey were did you get your transmission
how much did it cost, and whats the power rateing on it

did you rebuild your stock tranny or did you buy a whole new tranny

thanks

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dennis I meet you a couple of weeks back,you wer with Chris and Jerry in Tampa at Ramseys!!

What do you charge for the auto outright and how much to do the work if I provife the tranny????

By the way great lookin motor.
I might get Jim to do mine!

Do you know what the heads flow?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Dennis,
Might consider taking those valve covers off.We fought a car all last night with BAD blowby from those covers.They have a baffle in them that is collecting oil.Under boost the oil blowby is unreal..We had it all over the MAF and in the blower inlet tube.
Its bad news ,just giving you a heads up.

Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for the info, I never had that problem before and I sure dont think I am going to have bloby, so I will post other pictures and dyno and track #'s

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I worded it wrong..What I meant was because of the baffles in the aftermarket valve covers,it collects oil and under boost it is forced off the baffle into the inlet side of the blower..It is bad and we are not the first to see it on a blown car using those covers..

tim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dennis do you repair/upgrade the TR3650 by chance. I haven't found anyone that actually repairs these trannys besides ford.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
I worded it wrong..What I meant was because of the baffles in the aftermarket valve covers,it collects oil and under boost it is forced off the baffle into the inlet side of the blower..It is bad and we are not the first to see it on a blown car using those covers..

tim
Say it ain't so...say it ain't so.:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
woops

no 1.0 60 i meant 1.93 60ft , i wish 1.0 were the case.

joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts