can this be done?
this is what i am planning
5.0L stroker shortblock w/ 9.2 compression
TEA heads w/ Modmax valves
custom blower cams
Edelbrock stepped longtube headers
Procharger D1SC or Novi 2000
Bullit or RR intake

this is going to take me a year to build. I am buying pieces as i can afford. I am debating going with one of the 5.3L shortblocks but the cylinder walls are very thin and I wouldn't want to hit them with more than 12-14 psi.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It can be with the right combo.
Mine numbers are in the sig,this is with a stock bullitt intake ,30 lb injectors and a 80mm lmaf.My injectors are maxed at 5800 but carry me to fuel cut off .

BUT this tune was just for drivabilty .On the 5th we are instlling the 42's,pro m maf and power pipe.And finally take her to 7 k and get a power tune.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
PeachState Perf said:
Eric I am from Waycross I like your liscence plate.
CobraKiller did you do that with only 4.6L or do you have a stroker motor?
4.6, JBA shorty headers,16 psi,no intercooler and 16 psi made 676rwhp.
I have a good set of heads.
Tim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cobra Killer -
Wow, you made 676rwhp with JBA shorty headers.
I have been considering getting headers and almost everyone has told me that shorties made no power compared to longtubes.

I just spent $380 for a catted mid-pipe and would love to do shorties if I knew the Performance gains were comparable and worth it.

Did you have any problems with the welds on your JBAs?
What ind of heads and what kind of shortblock did you use?

I was checking out your website, great price on that forged internal shortblock ($2600). Is that really the shortblock that took you to 700rwhp?

Also, Do you feel the Steeda fuel pump is OK as a stand alone or is it better to do a 03 Cobra tank and pump. Does it flow as much fuel as the 03 Cobra pump?

Thanks for the info and hope to do business with you sometime,
Howard

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Same internals in the $2600 block plus a Cobra crank(extra).But its the same rods,pistons etc in that block.

If you do JBA's ,use a Dr.Gas X pipe.Thats the only way to get good gains out of the shorty headers.Without it,you'll only see 5-10rwhp from the shorties.

Steeda pumps have made over 500rwhp.They are great pumps,but the Cobra setup is better .

I have our heads on the car with our shortblock.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts