Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Hey everyone!

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ModMan 
#1 ·
I just found this site, and have a feeling it will become very big as with stangnet and BON. I will be a regular poster here. Hope to have some good times with you guys!!

#4 ·
When my cobra was stock w/ the silencer removed I pulled 262rwhp and 265rwtq. I was pissed when I saw that. So I decided to put back on the silencer to see if removing that was the problem.

When I was doing that I happened to notice the stock 1,000 mile air filter was dirty and looked like it had gotten the wet-dry cycle about a hundred times.
You know how a piece of paper gets when you get it wet then dry it off. It was all crusty and hard. So I replaced the filter and kept the silencer off.
Then I reset my computer on an onramp of the freeway, then blasted down the freeway at full throttle. HAHAHA Someone told me to do it, I have no idea if the computer records that driving style in that short amount of time. :confused:
So.... I went to dyno the next week and pulled 272rwhp and 270rwtq. So I was happy.
THEN!!! Two weeks later I install a set of steeda pulleys and I picked 17rwhp and 22rwtq!!!! :eek: :eek:
So now I'm at 289rwhp and 292rwtq. Thats all that was done to the car.
Now that I have my straight axle, I would like to see what numbers I will pull now.
Also, all these dyno pulls are with 410 gears. I dont have them anymore, they went out with the IRS.
I'm trying to figure out if I want to go with 430s or 410 again.

So who knows, I could pull more on the dyno.:D

#10 ·
I'm sure the dyno was not accurate. I have access to hundreds and hundreds of 01 cobra dyno sheets no one has ever dynod that high. I think you should dyno again. I may be wrong, whatever. Doesnt really matter.
"What is a pinger"? You dont know anything about the 01 Cobra ping problem? My car pings, ahs the 80mph vib., and tranny clunk/grind.
All 3 are common problems with the 01's.

#11 ·
ok dynos arent exact we all know that. The question then becomes...what RWHP does it take to make my car at 3450#'S (verified on a cert'd scale) to run a 12.57 at 107??? I think that answer would be more accurate. That sucks...I didnt know they had those problems with the 01 Cobras...any TSB's or what is Ford doing to rectify the problems???

#13 ·
I have heard of both problems with the 01 Cobra (pinging and 80mph vib). As far as dyno #'s goes, I think unless you run them both on the same dyno the same day, there is noway to compare. Dyno is just a tuning tool anyway!

Chad

#14 · (Edited)
Well, in theory it would take approx 345hp @ the flywheel to run what your running. What was all your times on your slip?? Do you have a copy of the slip? Can you give me 60' ,100'?
And could you post a pic of your dyno sheet? I'm interested in seeing it.
Ford has no fix for the pinging. I have talked to several dealerships, multiple SVT employees and no one can help me. I broke my IRS 3 times and I'm on my 3rd tranny. This 3rd tranny seems to be working great! A lot better that the others, that were early production. The shift forks they say were misaligned on many 3650 tranny's.
The car gives me nothing but shit, but right now it's doing alright and I love it! I'm waiting till my warrenty is up, then I'm yankin the engine ASAP!

#15 ·
60 foot 1.706
330 5.123
1/8 7.984
mph 85.88
1000 10.476
1/4 12.575
MPH 107.66
no pics of timeslips. I have about 6 in the 12.6 range (on DR's) and about 5 in the 12.7 range. BTW...the 12.5 run was in 84 degree 79% humidity weather at Beech Bend. We have video somewhere of it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.