Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching. Whats the current price on these? Anyone have any used ones they wanna sell?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
prices.......

they are $499.00 from anywhere.....including myself or injector dude who supplies everyone with them, hope this helps.....hermann

·
Registered
758 Posts
You should not need them, unless you are running over 20psi with a KB w/o a BAP. If you run a BAP you still do not realy do not need them also, except for a safity factor.

AMB

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure? I'm definately keeping it on pump gas under at around 17psi. No more, no less. Unless some water injection system makes pump gas usable at higher boost or something of the sort.

Its more of a safety thing isn't it? I know it has been argued over and over again. Any opinions?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Just my opinion here but..

If you were your car's fuel system, would you rather force 600+
HP of fuel through a stock set of injectors, or force the same 600+ HP of fuel through a 55 lb set?

The bigger injectors run cooler at high flow rates.
KB has a tune for you at 17 psi and 55 lbers. including using the BAP, which I think is a nice piece of hardware dogged on for no good reason.

Plus you'll have them out anyways, so you might as well put in some for future growth. Don't rule out nitrous as a possibilty. It'd be nice to do it dry if possible.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you are using the stock eaton at 17lbs; you do not need the 50/55/injuctors. You only should use them if you up-grade to the KB and plan to run over 20psi.

AMB

·
Registered
88 Posts
If your running around 500rwhp / 600 flywheel then the 55 lb injectors are a good idea just for the safety factor your giving your engine. At about 500 rwhp the stock 39 lb injectors are running at about 96-98% duty cycle, which means they are constantly running hotter which will cause them to fail earlier, and you definitely don't want one to fail at WOT causing a major lean condition under boost. I think it's just better to be safe then sorry. Running the 55's will give you a much greater margin of safety because of a much lower duty cycle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts