Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my dad yes i cant race yet but i will soon:( are havin probs wit are 60 ft we are how u say new to the quarter mile and are gettin 13.5 as our best time we need to improve or 60 ft we are gettin 2.4 2.5 seconds on our lauch we were launchin at around 2000 rpm what should we do :(

funny bouncin dude :blob

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Best I have gotten on stock tires so far has been a 2.0x. You just have to ease out of the whole a little bit softer if your getting wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The best 60ft I've gotten is 2.0 on F1s but I should be getting 1.8s. The key is to find the fine line between breaking them loose, and riding the clutch too long.

I typically slip the clutch from around 2500~

·
Registered
285 Posts
Slipping the clutch is a must when trying to get good 60ft times unless the track prep is great. I have gotten 1.85 on 275/35/18 Kumhos and that is leaving around 2500 and slipping the clutch. Just takes practice

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did exactly what Tommygun said and still only managed a 2.08 on Nitto 315s.
Maybe it's the track. Did you go to Napierville or Sanair?

·
Registered
64 Posts
BFGS

BFGS!!! are so much better than NIttos!

They dont last as long though.. they are much softer and my 60ft went from 1.86s to 1.76 and better (see sign) with them!

I can launch my car from 4000 and feather the clutch now and really hook!

FUnny i read the MMFF article on the tires right after coming to this conclusion myself. The article claims they were only ..01 sec off from Mickey ETs! The Ets were much lighter though..

BFGS ROCK!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
743 Posts
what should we do
All the above, and try reducing your rear-tire air pressure to about 25lbs.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
always drop your air pressure to around 22-24 lbs . i always came out at idle on the f1's, just like your pulling out from a red light , just more aggressive. that technique almost always got me 2.0's and a bunch of mid -high 1.90's. the key is not to get anxious and punch it , cause youll just blow the tires off. hope this helps good luck.
p.s. get bfg drag radials. your traction problem will be non-existent!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts