Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Gt out today....It was raining...what's new..been raining in North East for 2 months now and rain forcasted for this whole week including week end..
So i put new wipers on and went for a 100 mile drive...

Traffic..that another story....

Need to drive late at night here to not hit traffic...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm sooooo sick of rain, don't know how people live in Seattle?!?!:mad:

And Jimmy....be careful out there please!:shocked

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to the Ford Motorsport Nationals tomorrow at Maple Grove Raceway in Reading Pa. WTF!!! Going with my friend to run his car. Looks like rain all weekend. Here a picture of the car. If you go, stop over and say hi!!! RAY

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
Yeah, I'm going to the Ford Motorsport Nationals tomorrow at Maple Grove Raceway in Reading Pa. WTF!!! Going with my friend to run his car. Looks like rain all weekend. Here a picture of the car. If you go, stop over and say hi!!! RAY
Frank Bash Engines?????

Try not to get too soggy . . . you geezer.

Now get back to work already!!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Believe it or not. He's been using Bash engines for years with no problem. They're old friends. Me work??? LOL RAY

·
Registered
660 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
Believe it or not. He's been using Bash engines for years with no problem. They're old friends. Me work??? LOL RAY
LOL Ray, I'll hunt you down on Sunday? I'll be there with the Contour - it's back on the road!! Yippeee!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey 7DMach1,
Can't believe Frank Bash is still around. He built a few motors for us back in 1969 and 1970 when Motion Performance in Baldwin sponsored our GT-350. LOL... Motion's name on the side of the car, with a Bash motor under the hood.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah, they are still around. It's Frank Jr., I would think the father is no longer with us. He is now in Pendel which in about 10 miles north of Phila. He builds a lot of motors yet and they run well. I used to deal with Jr., Fabian and Mike when they were at Harbison and Roosevelt Blvd. RAY

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ray,
Very interesting info. Back in 1969, we decided to build killer "Boss 289" (for AHRA) for the Shelby, which basically was a 289 hypo block with Boss heads. Doug Nash, who was running his Bronco Buster funnycar at the time, was using this set-up and actually we put Frank (Sr. I guess) in touch with Doug for the low-down on he machine work to make the Boss heads work on the hypo block. What a monster that was..had a sound all of it's own. Even though National Speedway had it out for Motion, they loved this Mustang, especially the sound of the motor, and during time trials, used to let it run down the track by itself, just to listen to it.
Thinking back on it, in those days you had to spend a fortune on a Ford to make it run, though.
Fred

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was down Atco Dragway on Tues night with a friend who has a **cough cough**Chevy. It's a 64 Nova which Frank Bash built the engine for. 598 cubes of big block chevy with an 871 blower and injection. Had a 540 in it last year. First pass 8.50 second pass 8.00. Not dialed in yet. should go 7.50's. Frank can still build a motor. RAY

·
Registered
55 Posts
10-4 Ray... back then a lot of friends of ours that knew where our motor came from, couldn't understand why we'd drive all the way to Philly from Long Island, which thinking about it now, is no big deal, but back then, I think most little guys, like my crowd, tended to deal closer to home. Our Mustang was built to run AHRA F/Hot Rod, formula 2, 3, or 4 depending on whether we were running a 2bbl, 4 bbl, or tunnel ram. Naturally, all things being equal, it was a real popular Camaro class, so we named the car, "Hugger Mugger". Like I said, a lot of people had issues with Motion at the time, but everyone loved this Mustang.
Fred

1 - 16 of 16 Posts