Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally went to the track yesterday after installing the KB blower two weeks ago. The car felt so strong on the street that I was anxious to see those elapsed times. Put on MT 26x11.5 16in ET Streets and prayed for the half shafts to hang on. The track was packed and I was on the spot as I took my time and did the burn out. There was no wheel hop at all so I gained some confidence as the track was very well prepared and I knew there was going to be traction. Took off at around 4,000 rpms and then full throttlle. The tires gripped so good (1.61 on the 60') that the clutch slipped when second gear engaged. Boy, it was a lot of fun. I know the car is capable of high 10 seconds if it would have been for the clutch and my lousy driving. My heart is with the fox bodies, but have to admit that technology has improved since then, and we are beginning to discover the power that the 4V modular engines have. Over 600 rwhp, a daily driver without any drivabilty issues and a steady idle below 1000rpms???? Never before.

I would like to thank Nitrous Pete for letting me in on some of his secrets. His customer service was very good (and I ask too much) when I purchased my KB from him and his tuning on my Diablo chip is very safe and delivered both on the dyno and the track. Thanks Pete!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Looks like a great launch to me! What are you running for the upper/lower pullies and boost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lower pulley is stock, upper 2.75 and the boost....unknown. I do not have an aftermarket boost gauge and the stock gauge does not work because the instructions on the installation from KB are wrong. I would like that guage to work although it only goes to 10psi.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
tey said:
Lower pulley is stock, upper 2.75 and the boost....unknown. I do not have an aftermarket boost gauge and the stock gauge does not work because the instructions on the installation from KB are wrong. I would like that guage to work although it only goes to 10psi.
Ok, so the 2.75 is rated at 19PSI, sweet. Are you also running a cold air intake? How about the billet idler or anything to reduce belt slip?

Is this being run on 93 pump gas?

Sorry for all the questions, but im still in awe of what these cars are capable of. I have my KB On the way as well as some other mods and just kind of curious as to where I will be number wise. Like you I would also like my stock boost guage to work even though it wont really apply, if you figure out how to get it working please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good times, not to rag on anyone but I was wondering this. These specs are from J69gordon
455 Hp 490 Torque (SAE)

Best Times
60' 1.67
1/8th 7.46 @ 95.15
1/4th 11.55 @ 121.47
ON F-1's

and you have 147 more hp than him, with a slightly better 60'. How does this only equate to .3 sec more and 5 mph?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shadowgray03: On the dyno I used 93 pump gas and also on a daily basis. Yesterday I used 100 octane. I do have a pulley idler by billet flow and a K&N filter. Where you aware that the boost gauge will not work, or did you find out through me?

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I think I can answer that ? Look at my car also, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't make 602rwhp but it may be close. It has to do with driver, give tey alittle more seat time he'll pickup.

Great run!!!!!:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What, 1.67 on f-1?????? I do not buy it.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
tey said:
Shadowgray03: On the dyno I used 93 pump gas and also on a daily basis. Yesterday I used 100 octane. I do have a pulley idler by billet flow and a K&N filter. Where you aware that the boost gauge will not work, or did you find out through me?
I found out through you. I havent looked under the hood much on my ride, just got it last week but I would think we would be able to relocate the line for the boost gauge to get it to read.

If you had 93 oct on the dyno and made 602rwhp but ran 100 at the track do you have 2 tunes then? A daily driver tune and a more agressive race tune for higher octane gas? You using stock airbox then with a K&N and I assume removed baffle?

G

·
With the KB unit and the power it can help your motor put out, one doesnt have to beat the snot out of their car to get low 11's or high 10's. Thats the difference in horsepower. He came out pretty hard and those sticky tires helped alot for that...but I am sure Tey was just granny shifting and not power shifting(flatshifting). I bet he doesnt want to break anything either. I am sure if he was to let it all hang out , that car would be in the mid to low 10's. Thats if the rear or tranny/clutch would hold under all that. Thats whats so sweet about his setup...on pump gas and taking his time shifting without really having to break a sweat.

I know guys can turn better times with an Eaton...balls out.....But if you want balls out with a KB....then just look at what Nitrous Pete is doing or that guy in the Yellow 03 from Texas.

Again Tey...way to go buddy!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
tey said:
What, 1.67 on f-1?????? I do not buy it.
I know Tey...but there was a big discussion on that on svtperformance.com last week. Seems the track they run at really lays down the VHT compound and all. He does a mean burnout and lowers the pressure down quite abit on the F1's. He has time slips...of course that doesnt show what tires he is running. But I believe him. Its just one of those driver/car/track perfect setups.

Its just one of those hard to believe things...lets say..
Ripley's Believe It Or Not.......

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok,thanks for the responce harry. I have no intention to run the car balls out, I plan on running it like tey does, nice and easy. I was just wanting to know what the car could do if he was running it all the way. I wasnt too sure how he was driving the car that is why i had asked. Well Harry you just made pete 3,700 bucks, heh. On top of the 650 you made RPM outlet on the bassani exhuast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harry: you certainly seem to know the numbers. I was granny shifting in did. About the f-'s, my hat off for that guy.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I agree with Harry that he is probably granny shifting and I think his car would probably put a 10.5 to 10.7 on the board, I think for low 10's he needs some more power, but other than that its there. I wish I could afford the KB but I'll just have to keep beating the snout out of the Eaton:D

G

·
F8LBITE said:
I agree with Harry that he is probably granny shifting and I think his car would probably put a 10.5 to 10.7 on the board, I think for low 10's he needs some more power, but other than that its there. I wish I could afford the KB but I'll just have to keep beating the snout out of the Eaton:D
Nothing wrong with what your doing and beating the snot out of that Eaton you have....your car is just plain awesome!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
tey said:
Harry: you certainly seem to know the numbers. I was granny shifting in did. About the f-'s, my hat off for that guy.
Hey buddy....yeah... I have been racing since 1980 with numerous different setups in all kinds of cars. Its been a blast....and yes I have won some and lost some tight battles on the street through the years. At the track I was always more of a test and tune guy and then pack it up and sit in the bleachers and watch the guys/gals run what they brung. I am alot quieter in person than on this internet stuff :D

Again Tey....way to go and enjoy your Cobra. Cause now you can go with the best of them without having to whooop on the drivetrain that much.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
boostin'03 said:
Well Harry you just made pete 3,700 bucks, heh. On top of the 650 you made RPM outlet on the bassani exhuast.
LMAO!!!! You crack me up. I just wish I made something on all this ....wait a minute...I did man...friends.

That is so cool that you are getting a KB too!!!! Man are the racing dudes of the world in trouble with us 03 Cobra guys.

Hot Rod(KenneBell,if you're out there,remember me)Harry ;)
www.HotRodHarrys.com
I remember buying stuff for my Olds and Buick from them...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts