Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see who is still running the 3.4 with 60lb injectors? I currently have 60s, but the 80 are not priced that high. If I dont have to switch then I wont. I currently have the Fore Fuel system that I bought from lethal. Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
2 Cobras Here With 60's. 700 Plus Rear Wheel And One Almost Finished.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you still have plenty left?

·
Registered
889 Posts
When I Get Back To The Shop And Remember, I Will Look It Up For You. As From Memory I Had Plenty Of Room For Growth. Full Return Set Up. I Heard But Not Actually Seen, One Car Made 840,800 On Race Gas With 60's. Unconfirmed Though In My Eyes Until I Do It.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the full returnless setup so hopefully we are not too far apart on duty cycle. My fore hat does have the option to go return though. I am hoping my fuel system is set though.

·
Registered
952 Posts
maybe you can get away with the 60's with a BAP on top of it all. If it is possible to stay with the returnless with the 3.4 then that is what I will get but if not then I am going to wait until I can get it all done at once. i hate buying things slowly one at a time. Looking at those parts would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told it was good to over 800hp or even more, but I here a lot of guys stepping up because they are running out of injector. I sold my bap too because i thought i would be set. I would get another bap though if needed. hopefully that would be all.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do we use high imp. injectors or low imp injectors? there seems to be a couple of good deals for low imp injectors.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It Is Always Good To Be Over Injectored. I Hate Pushing Any Part To The Max. "build For 1,000 Hp And Run It At 800 Hp All Day Long."

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Still runnin' 60's in mine, although I did have them cleaned/balanced/flow-matched about two years ago when it was down for the 3.4L upgrade/tranny rebuild.

I made 623/556 SAE on a Mustang Dyno at 17 psi on 93 octane, and FPDC was at 77%. My tuner tuned another car recently that made "similar" power to mine but his duty cycle overall was higher than mine by over 10% if I remember correctly. My complete fuel system is as follows:

Modified stock hat with dual -6AN outlets (soon to be replaced by Fore Hat)
Mallory 3160 filter (dual inlet/outlet)
Single -8AN line from filter to CPR fuel rails
Seimen/Deka 60 lb hr fuel injectors

The only differences between my fuel system and the other car tuned by the gentleman that tunes my car is he has the Fore hat, but runs it with just a single -8AN line feeding from the hat and he has stock rails. Aaron told me though based off what my FPDC looked like and everything else I should have enough there to make 750 or so to the tires with the 60 lb injectors.

My suggestion is if you want 800 or so to the wheels then go ahead and upgrade now :bigwink:

Shannon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts