Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of a modular engine swap and build up. I am doing a 1965 mustang conv. with a 1997 Mark VIII engine, tranny, wiring and computer(PCM). For months I have been wiring everything up and I am to the point where I have to get the PATS taken off. I am running the 65 dash and gauges. Does anyone know where I can get computer work done, or software I can buy. I am looking at getting the software because this may not be the only one I do and I don't want to continually go back for reprograms as I am working on this project. I am located in MN.
Thanks,
Any Help Appreciated

·
Registered
309 Posts
you can buy quarterhorse or...there is another one too, though I forget the name of it, either of which will allow you to alter any Ford ECU....I myself am using Megasquirt III, which gives me options like full sequential fuel and sequential spark using COPs...I find it much more versatile than a factory ECU...I hate the mass air system in heavily modified engines and see no need for it when I can tune just fine with speed density and a wideband...all it does is get in the way and cause things like idle surge, poor throttle response and add unnecessary EFI costs(why would I want to have a MAF meter in the system if I dont have to?)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Delta Force Tuning 'Special Forces' is a do-it-yourself basic tuning package. You select injectors, MAF, compression, etc. from drop-down lists and it builds you a safe tune. It works with 96+ EEC V systems. You can turn off PATS, tell it whether you have cats, etc. You can upgrade to Delta Force for full tuning if you need to later. I recommend it and use it (and don't sell it :sad:).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts