·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing/done this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
iv heard of it done.. never seen it tho. my guess is that you will have to mod the heck out of the shock towers to get one to fit.. a mod motor is just as wide as a 460 if not wider. and i know to fit a 460 in one you have to mod the shock towers to make more room for the motor. and i know for sure that you will have to make your own motor mounts for it. dont think anyone makes swap mounts for that kind of swap.. if your gonna do this.... good luck man.. more power to ya. it will be one bad ass swap if you get it done!.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I seen one done up at MV perfrmance. It was a really trick setup with working a/c and power steering. Check with Tim if you have any questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:jawdrop wow i guess someone Does make the mounts or what ever is needed for the swap.. i stand corrected.

- Triton. aka bob.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop
My Dad has my 8yr old a '65 coupe 289 in very good shape waiting for him. The engine is on the stand in his shop. I want to do something different like mod motor,twin turbo small block ford,turbo regal motor. I even thought putting a 200ci inline 6cyl with a turbo!
One more time-03 Cobra+old stang=:blob :jawdrop :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
They do make a suspension setup that gets rid of the shock towers and there is a piece of flat sheetmetal that extends from the firewall forward. That maybe what this car has done to it. My dad has a 70 mach 1 and was thinking of putting one in. But in the picture of the car the shock towers are not visible so the suspenion setup maybe what was used on this car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There was a girl with her dad at the Mustang show here last spring. It was a gt 350 replica with a 98 cobra drive train in it with a indy rear suspension. It was pretty sweet. Oh yea balck with gold stripes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
EvilSVT said:
There was a girl with her dad at the Mustang show here last spring. It was a gt 350 replica with a 98 cobra drive train in it with a indy rear suspension. It was pretty sweet. Oh yea balck with gold stripes.
Thats proably the same one as the above one with the 03 Cobra engine in it now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Missed that post. It looks like it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
mfpmax said:
From my collection from FFW03 in Orlando
Thats the car I was talking about for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Theres a guy here locally with a 67 fastback w/ a 01 vorteched cobra motor w/ cobra brakes, digital dash and the whole nine yards. Its white with blue stripes and chrome 18" torq thrusts. He also has a kenne belled mark v111, and many mod motored foxes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That 65 mustang is SICK! Now I know what im gonna replace my 289 with, hehe. :evil grin: :evil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Doug Tatum said:
Anyone doing/done this?
Im sorta doing the same type thing but with a bigger motor and a bigger bay. I guess it would say perportionate (sp?)... Im doing a 5.4 DOHC in a 69. I would not even consider this type of swap without getting a MustangII front suspension. I just ordered mine.

You can do it but you are going to have so many header problems and you might not be able to take the valve covers off without pulling the motor...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes that 66 reminds me of how cool it looked when I saw a 427 cammer in one and I saw the pic with the 03 cobra motor in it. Way to go. :banggears

1 - 18 of 18 Posts