"H" vs. non "H" comparison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Senior Member Array

Default "H" vs. non "H" comparison

New Kenne Bell "H" series 2.0 Pressure Ratio Design. Up to 60 HP

Kenne Bell continues to lead the pack. 6 months of testing on our dyno and with select shops has resulted in a brand new Twin Screw for the 2v, 3v and 4v Ford engines. The revolutionary "H" series(2.6H and 2.8H with 2.0PR) are now tested proven and available. Recommend for higher 15-24 psi boost applications only. Power gains are up to 60 hp over "conventional" 1.4 PR(pressure ratio) 2L Twin Screws. Charge temps are also up to 30 degrees cooler. Here's the best part, all of this at the SAME BOOST and SUPERCHARGER RPM. To understand the significance of this breakthrough consider this. It would require approx. 4 more psi boost, 70 degree higher charge temp, about 1/2" smaller pulley and another 2000 supercharger rpm for a "conventional" old design 1.4PR Twin Screw to match the new KB 2.0 PR concept.
    The latest KB 2.8, 2.6 BIG BORE billet superchargers were already the largest displacement and more effecient Twin Screws we ever tested. Now we've added the "H" series. The 810 HP '07 Shelby GT500 dyno run that shocked the industry would not have been possible without the new 2.8H. The secret is out. Check out the back to back dyno comparison between our 2.8 (1.4PR) and 2.8H (2.0PR). A whopping 60 HP with the SAME pulley, boost, tune etc. Only the supercharger was changed. The car is 100% stock except for our 2.8 H kit with Boost A Pump and Cool Air Kit.
    Recent ST Motorsports tests on their '06 4.6 700+ HP Mustang for 5.0 Mustang Magazine indicated a big 32 HP gain in a back to back 2.6 vs. 2.6H comparison. Check out our website Dec 7 for more info on the "H" series.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: "H" vs. non "H" comparison

Thanks KB ..

Snake Charmer Array Shadowgray03's Avatar

Ugh! See, now you guys have to come up with a trade in program. Ive got a pristine 2.4 with about 2k miles on it and you go and come out with this

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

dec 7 has come and gone.When will there be new info?

Senior Member Array

We should hopefully have it up by Monday.

Thank you,
    James

Senior Member Array

It's up on the website now.

BIG BORE Supercharger

Thank you,
    James

Is there a price difference in the H or non H blowers? I want a 2.6H for my 2v and you website did not list an H blower. Thanks

Chris

Senior Member Array

Nope no price difference. Just let the saleperson know when you order the kit.

Thank you,
    James

Senior Member Array

This is great guys! You never cease to amaze me....

Hopefully Ill get a motor dropped in my car soon and Ill see about picking up a an H model blower for my car.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Josh @ PMP View Post
    This is great guys! You never cease to amaze me....

Hopefully Ill get a motor dropped in my car soon and Ill see about picking up a an H model blower for my car.
    you sell whipples and saleen SC's and your getting a KB? whats wrong (or right) about this picture?? I love KB but arent you sending mixed signals to your customers??

Banned Array

oh wait i just saw farther down you sell Kb's as well sorry

I purchased my new 2.8L about a month ago but I did't specify an "H" because I was told that all the 2.8L's were the H style.

Is this true?? I hope do to that an H model is the one I want to have on my new motor. How can I tell by looking at the unit? I read that it has a H patten on the discharge as opposed to the older triangle style but looking at it the inner plate by the rotors is a triangle shape but the aluminium base has the H shape.

Senior Member Array

Click on the link and it will show you.

Thank you,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by BlownBlu97 View Post
    I purchased my new 2.8L about a month ago but I did't specify an "H" because I was told that all the 2.8L's were the H style.

Is this true?? I hope do to that an H model is the one I want to have on my new motor. How can I tell by looking at the unit? I read that it has a H patten on the discharge as opposed to the older triangle style but looking at it the inner plate by the rotors is a triangle shape but the aluminium base has the H shape.
    An H pattern? Wow, strange. Thats how these stories get started. The H is for high pressure, meaning that the screws mesh for a greater length and thereby create a greater internal pressure before the discharge opening. This equates to greater efficiency at higher boost pressures. Below is from the Kenne Bell site. The discharge plate is the same to the best of my knowledge. James correct me if I am wrong.

There is now a big difference in Twin Screw superchargers. The longer compression distance between the inlet and outlet results in a higher “Internal” Pressure Ratio (2.0) for the “H” and a 15-24 psi efficiency range. The “S” uses a 1.4 PR which consumes less engine HP and cooler air charge temp in the 6-14 psi range. Minimum recommended boost for the “H” is 12 psi.
    Note: The “H” and “S” Series superchargers are identical in construction and boost output. Only the “H” discharge port shape is revised to lower air charge temp and reduce parasitic loss (engine HP to drive supercharger) at 15 psi and higher boost levels (See Tech Info and Dyno Tests).
    Last edited by TREESE; 01-12-2007 at 12:47 PM.

It is right in the new 5.0 mag about how it has a new H patten now but from what I see it is still the same shape just smaller. I also see that mine is an "H" do to the smaller dicharge area.

If you get a new issue of the 5.0 mad on page 126 there talking about the 2.8 on the shelby and they stated and I quote from the mag:
    "while the "H" in the 2.8H's ID techinically stands for high pressure ratio, the base/discharge has a "H" patten as opposed to the triangular-shaped discharge outlet that has been more commen on screw style blowers"

This is what threw me!

One more question?? I was under the impression the new 2.6 and 2.8L's took less HP to drive. Now if it is an "H" style the HPloss from driving the blower increases over the "S"??
    Last edited by BlownBlu97; 01-13-2007 at 07:21 AM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last