Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ill start with my thought... 4.6 2v wanting to swap out 4r70w for a 6r80 trans to take advantage of the low first gear and the double overdrive. Fitting I think won't be as big of a problem as one might think, I'm more worried about how to control the trans. Looking at using a mega shift transmission controller board but I have to assemble and solder the parts to board. I know absolutely nothing about controlling transmissions, and wiring circuit boards. Just wondering how hard it would be to make a trans controller to control the solenoids and shifting of a 6r80. Also heard about wiring a t brake into this equation with the controller. Looking for pin outs also.
This is what I'm looking to use. http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/newtrans.html.
Thanks in advance for all advise.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have no advise but I think it would be great if you got it to work!

·
Registered
211 Posts
took a quick look through trans manual. it don't look promising. the valve body has a computer mounted to it, it has power, ground, reverse light output, neutral saftey output and datalines. thats it. it communicates with stock computer what info is sent back and forth i have no clue and highly doubt the oem will give out that data. on the plus side it looks like ther is info on solenoid states per gear so in theory the internal computer could be removed harness hacked and manually routed, but it looks to have complicated control compared to the 4 speed i am more familiar with

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 Ford Mustang v6 4L idling issue:
Please any one can help on the above issue the engine not taking full race is not crossing 4000 RPM even with full step on the gaz pedal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well ill start with my thought... 4.6 2v wanting to swap out 4r70w for a 6r80 trans to take advantage of the low first gear and the double overdrive. Fitting I think won't be as big of a problem as one might think, I'm more worried about how to control the trans. Looking at using a mega shift transmission controller board but I have to assemble and solder the parts to board. I know absolutely nothing about controlling transmissions, and wiring circuit boards. Just wondering how hard it would be to make a trans controller to control the solenoids and shifting of a 6r80. Also heard about wiring a t brake into this equation with the controller. Looking for pin outs also.
This is what I'm looking to use. http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/newtrans.html.
Thanks in advance for all advise.
It is now 2017 and I came across a company that maybe able to help you with your Controller issue called Shrader Performance. They offer an Manual (Book) for 99-04 Mustang GT's to swap a 6R80 into NewEdge Mustang: http://shraderperformance.com/2015/09/6r80-transmission-conversion-for-99-04-mustangs/ Hope this Helps you out!...God Bless!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts