Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

I hate salt expecialy when combined with sand, info of first Mustang.

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  qwkcoupe 
#1 · (Edited)
info of first two Mustangs.

I hate salt expecialy when combined with sand, but man this was fun:

That must have been 8 years ago or so, two kids, a '93 and an'06 coupe since then.

The video is called 980-TAC because that was my orignal liscense plate on the car when it came as a $500 gift when I was 14. The car was originally a straight six 200 cubic inch single barrell carbed, C4 automatic with a 6.75" rear axle with a vynl covered roof and 173K miles.

Here is pic of the car after 11 months of me doing body work. I stripped everything off the car including window glue, glass, roof leading, all panels, molding, and interior. Stripped it down to bare steel, fixed dents, used etching primter, epoxy primer, filler primer, block sanded along the way, 2 coats of admiral blue metallic (corevette grand sport), and 3 coats of clear that were block sanded. My good friend Richard taught me the art of making body work flat.

In another story, I'd have to tell you about how I spent 11 days straight to convert the car from carb'd straight six, automatic, single exhaust, to 1989 spec 5.0 motor and drivetrain (full EFI conversion, k-member swap, gas tank, radiator, etc. etc.) The funny part was the 5.0 came out of a Ranger with a 5.0 conversion.

Attachments

See less See more
1 5
#4 ·
That video looks like a lot of fun! Although, the clean up must have been a pita.

#5 ·
I do remember how it was liberating to go ahead and let the salt and sand rip!

I suppose I did spend a while cleaning it up, because that is what I was contemplating in the very begining of the video :imao:

I see you're in Texas Chili so I added you to my buddy list just in case I ever make it that way for FFW or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.