Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

New Setup Questions

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  crazzylegs 
#1 ·
I've narrowed things down to two possible setups and I'm looking for opinions on which one would be best and fastest on a stock motor car. This is with all supporting mods except for the motor being built.

Setup 1. Hellion 76mm turbo w/ spray. I would run around 25+psi and maybe a 100-150 shot through it on race gas.

Setup 2. KB 2,8 w/ spray. I would run again about 25 psi and 100-150 shot through it on race gas.

So which setup will be fastest (not quickest)? Does anyone have any other suggestions apart from a twin turbo setup that would push a big amount of power? Would it be possible for me to beat (or just not get completely walked) by an 1100hp supra with a bad driver on either setup? Are there any guesses as to how much power these setups can make?

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thanks guys.

#3 ·
I will go against the grain and say that the twin screw @ 25psi + 150 shot of sauce setup will be faster than the single 76mm turbo + spray given that the cas can both hook up. The TS car will make way more torque over a broader rpm band which is what this heavy cars need to get them going hard...

#4 ·
I've dyno tuned both combos multiple times. I was comparing a couple of customers lately. One has a Hellion at 21 psi, and the other a 2.8H at 21 psi. They are basically identical in power from 5k on up, but from 1500 to 4.5k the 2.8h DESTROYS the Hellion. Fun factor = KB!

#5 ·
No offense, but the 2.8 is not better than a hellion 76. I have dynoed and ran both, and hellion always makes more power than the kb and out runs it at the track, which is what matters. A turbo will always make more power than a blower at the same boost, if its tuned right, always. Plus the hellion kits make 25 + pounds! Kbs are nice, but a turbo is the way to go. I will line up a 2.8 and smoke it every time. If you want to play put on an 88mm.

Mike

1-804-894-1144

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.