New Setup Questions

+ Reply to Thread

Default New Setup Questions

I've narrowed things down to two possible setups and I'm looking for opinions on which one would be best and fastest on a stock motor car. This is with all supporting mods except for the motor being built.

Setup 1. Hellion 76mm turbo w/ spray. I would run around 25+psi and maybe a 100-150 shot through it on race gas.

Setup 2. KB 2,8 w/ spray. I would run again about 25 psi and 100-150 shot through it on race gas.

So which setup will be fastest (not quickest)? Does anyone have any other suggestions apart from a twin turbo setup that would push a big amount of power? Would it be possible for me to beat (or just not get completely walked) by an 1100hp supra with a bad driver on either setup? Are there any guesses as to how much power these setups can make?

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: New Setup Questions

If the psi is equal, turboes, make more power most of the time.

I will go against the grain and say that the twin screw @ 25psi + 150 shot of sauce setup will be faster than the single 76mm turbo + spray given that the cas can both hook up. The TS car will make way more torque over a broader rpm band which is what this heavy cars need to get them going hard...

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array James Parker's Avatar

I've dyno tuned both combos multiple times. I was comparing a couple of customers lately. One has a Hellion at 21 psi, and the other a 2.8H at 21 psi. They are basically identical in power from 5k on up, but from 1500 to 4.5k the 2.8h DESTROYS the Hellion. Fun factor = KB!

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    I've dyno tuned both combos multiple times. I was comparing a couple of customers lately. One has a Hellion at 21 psi, and the other a 2.8H at 21 psi. They are basically identical in power from 5k on up, but from 1500 to 4.5k the 2.8h DESTROYS the Hellion. Fun factor = KB!

No offense, but the 2.8 is not better than a hellion 76. I have dynoed and ran both, and hellion always makes more power than the kb and out runs it at the track, which is what matters. A turbo will always make more power than a blower at the same boost, if its tuned right, always. Plus the hellion kits make 25 + pounds! Kbs are nice, but a turbo is the way to go. I will line up a 2.8 and smoke it every time. If you want to play put on an 88mm.

Mike

1-804-894-1144

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread