Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Questions on my new setup with the KB 2.8L H

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BlownBlu97 
#1 ·
Here is my plan:

I poped the stock bottom end at the track last Oct do to the vac line poping off the FRPS and it distorded #6 piston. It had a 2.2L on it.

My new setup consists of this:

KB 2.8L "H"
JLT 12" high Boost kit
mildly bored bottom end with stock rods/crank and CP pistons and all ARP hardware
5 gal blower coolant cell in the truck for plenty of ice!!
BBK Lt's and a full 3" exhaust including a Dr Gas O/R X-pipe
stock heads but debating on cams

My pulley combo is either a 3.25 upper and stock lower or with a 4lb lower and pump gas.

Suggestions on if this is a good setup or should I make a few changes and keep in mind it is a street car with occasional track pass's on slicks and skinnys to have some fun and it is a solid rear car LOL

My biggest questions are do I or do I not do cams and is my blower pulley combo o.k. to make arount 21 psi. That is where my 2.2 was with a 3.0 upper and a 4lb lower.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats the answer I was expecting on the cams. They for the money don't come close to being up to the performance expected. I just love the sound.

Between the cams and porting that is tacking on another $2200 to the price for what 25-40hp at the most. I need to really think about this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.