Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Raced A Caddy CTS-V- Supercharged

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  BlownBlu97 
#1 ·
Well my buddy has a CTS-V with a supercharger. I have an 07 GT with a 75 shot of nitrous. Well we both had nittos and the first race i got him out of the hole and beat him by about a car. Second race he beat be 2 cars. Third race he missed third gear and i beat him by alot. The last two races ha beat me by about 4 cars. We were pretty even to about 60 mph and then he would start pulling on me. Anyway i am happy with the results i thought that he was going to smoke me really bad. He also has a slipping clutch. He says that the car hooked better on the street than at the track. He ran a best of a 12.7 at the track. Do you guys that i am in the high 12's?

#3 ·
No just a 75 shot of nitrous and a bottle heater and a purge. It is a wet shot by the way also i have an auto so i have no wheels spin at all. I know that it is hard to believe but it is true. I think from the way my car feels that it might be in the really high 12's like 12.99.

#4 ·
Yea i would say if you have no tire slip you should be right around the high 12 range:good:
Just courious what nitrous kit are you using......

#6 ·
Nice:thumb2:

Correct me if im wrong but the kit is progressive.....
So this is a big time help with your tire slip....
well either way good luck with that S/C caddy

#7 ·
No it is not progressive but the auto mustangs come with 3.31 gears and with the nitto drags there is no way that the car is going to spin the tires.

#9 ·
Well my buddy actually bought a Magna Charger and had a shop install it for him. Ithink that he is pushing 450 to the wheels.

#11 ·
I thinki that my buddy already had his rearend fixed once and he is going to go in to get it fixed again. That is one think that i heard about those rearends that they are to soft because it is a caddy and has to run nice and smooth.

#14 ·
yes bmr sells a rear end cradle guys are still breaking rears with them and cadillac is just looking for reasons to void warrantys on rearends i asked about the cradle and said no way would they touch the car if it had it on it they wanted to void my warranty because of going from 245 to 275

#18 ·
The new V's are down right BAD! I'd take it over a vette!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.