Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what I have to space the pulleys on a 4v if I am converting to an 8rib set-up with a vortech blower?????

·
Registered
137 Posts
someone post any probs they had or other stuff that must be done besides just bolting on the pulleys please I have the pullies on the way

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
* rib set up

Go back about a week ..WIKD281 was dealing with the same question?..I have had the 8 rib set up (off a150 lightning) running 3.125 8 rib Vortech pulley..No spacing is necessary...If you do you will start shreding belts...went thru 3 belts, before we took a closer look at the alignment.

You need to grind on the alternator and the blower bracket. About 1 hr.'s work...

The problem you are going to have is the idler pulley that came stock from Vortech...It is about 1/4 " too short for the 8 rib and will cause shreding of the belt and burn up the bearings.(The bearnings in the stock idler pulley are not HI Rpm bearings. I blew up 3 idler pulleus and brackets( the bracket is ruined by the idler pulley turning white hot and welding itself into the bracket)

YOu need to have an idler pulley made (cost $75 plus delivery)

Auto Specilities in Stafford Texas can help you on any after market specility parts...They make special parts for all the big racers..

Good Luck:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts