Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12lb pulley is only making 8 lbs of boost on my Procharger and the tuner I use says the only way to solve this problem is to go to an 8 rib setup. Is this true or could I use the Ultra Grip pulley from Reichard (even though he won't return my e-mails or phone calls)? This same shop suggested I install a Mondo bypass valve because the Prochager-supplied bypass valve would not flow enough air and that was why I was having a compressor surge problem. I've seen 600 horsepower cars with the Procharger valves and 6 rib pulleys. Procharger says I got robbed by buying the Mondo valve. They say their valve will support 800 hp. Am I getting jacked or what? Oh yeah, I also asked them to give me an estimate about two months ago for a forged bottom end and I haven't seen that yet. I gave them a budget of $8500 and they don't seem to need it. Any suggestions? Am I getting into trouble be even running a 12 lb pulley on the stock bottom end?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
micool said:
My 12lb pulley is only making 8 lbs of boost on my Procharger and the tuner I use says the only way to solve this problem is to go to an 8 rib setup. Is this true or could I use the Ultra Grip pulley from Reichard (even though he won't return my e-mails or phone calls)? This same shop suggested I install a Mondo bypass valve because the Prochager-supplied bypass valve would not flow enough air and that was why I was having a compressor surge problem. I've seen 600 horsepower cars with the Procharger valves and 6 rib pulleys. Procharger says I got robbed by buying the Mondo valve. They say their valve will support 800 hp. Am I getting jacked or what? Oh yeah, I also asked them to give me an estimate about two months ago for a forged bottom end and I haven't seen that yet. I gave them a budget of $8500 and they don't seem to need it. Any suggestions? Am I getting into trouble be even running a 12 lb pulley on the stock bottom end?
The numbers you have now are good for a stock bottom end.Anything over 400rwhp and its just a matter of time.
As far as the pulley PM cobra killer he can get the rr pullies for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On a stock 2003 you are pushing your luck with anything over 8psi of boost. I am not saying it will blow up the first hit. But in time with the very weak pistons that the 03's have you will run into issues. I would wait till you have done some motor work till you decided to up the boost. When you do up the boost know that you will have the have the chip also re-cal'd for that amount of boost.

Also I see no need to swap out the Procharger bypass valve. I ran 19psi of boost, and 570+ RWHP with one with absolutly no issues.

Good luck with your project.

EA

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I wonder if the different belt routing of the 01-03 has somthing to do with the belt slippage. 8 rib would help on any blower setup especially if you have belt breakage problems. Either way stock up on you belts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts